Thread: can anybody recommend hotel in shanghai?

Default can anybody recommend hotel in shanghai?

Going to shanghai for a weekend, any hotel to recommend a first timer?
    What I know is that it is a vast city and should plan where you stay based on where you want to visit.
    I have no idea where to visit except for the shopping and the Bund.
    Thanks.

Default Re: can anybody recommend hotel in shanghai?

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia
    Going to shanghai for a weekend, any hotel to recommend a first timer?
    What I know is that it is a vast city and should plan where you stay based on where you want to visit.
    I have no idea where to visit except for the shopping and the Bund.
    Thanks.
    I stayed in Broadway Mansions overlooking the Bund. If you just require a place to sleep and spend the whole day out, this is the hotel. Of course there a cheaper ones but the location is safe and walking distance to the Bund and other tourist spot. Check the following link for booking and rates.

http://english.ctrip.com/supermarket...Date=2006-4-28

Hi Puny,
    thanks for the recommendation.
    I will check it out.

Get a service apartment is better if you have a few people traveling.

My friend got something stolen after some china guy tent to said it that he is a friend of mine in shanghai when i was not around. I think the hotel people leak out some info to stranger, who are and where we come from. My advise is becareful and just get a 3 star hotel will do because you dont really need to be in there for 24hrs.
    Favouritism | Design + Lifestyle + Art

I stayed in YMCA before. clean and fuss free. of cos if u got loads to splurge theres the ritz
    clubbing... la fabrique is not bad, the people who run it were running sparks in sg last time i think
    xin tian di is not to be missed
    have wonderful xiao long pao at din tai fung (theres a branch in xintiandi) cos its so cheap compared to SG (S$3 for 10 xiaolongpao)
    u can visit this water village close by to shanghai, supossed to be quite quaint. there r day trips there.err.. check with the travel desks there, they dun really rip u off la.
    Visit Nanjing road for shopping.. close by there is this "flea market" where they sell loads of fakes and cheap clothes

hi all,
    thank you so much for all the info.
    i tentatively will stay at Pacific hotel on Nanjing rd i believe.
    i am will be in shanghai for the weekend and will go to suzhou for the week and also spend the weekend there.
    hopefully it will be a pleasant and picturistique trip

thanks