Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If eyes were lenses?

Default Re: If eyes were lenses?

hmmm........i'm tinkin more in the line of insertin a hard disk drive into our brain tt we can access so tt we can get instantaneous info.......no one needs to attend sch again. (warning, but cannot be microsoft OS....... later our brains crash)

Quote Originally Posted by mercurial_streak
    hmmm........i'm tinkin more in the line of insertin a hard disk drive into our brain tt we can access so tt we can get instantaneous info.......no one needs to attend sch again. (warning, but cannot be microsoft OS....... later our brains crash)
    That would still be scary. Imagine women remembering ALL the details eg. in an awkward conversation. Even if we (men) can remember all the details of what to say correctly from the hard-disk, we'd be deader than dead meat =)

Quote Originally Posted by Rev
    That would still be scary. Imagine women remembering ALL the details eg. in an awkward conversation. Even if we (men) can remember all the details of what to say correctly from the hard-disk, we'd be deader than dead meat =)
    ohh dear........even worse.........imagine them transferrin the info abt u doin something unfaithful wirelessly thru the women network. U'll be condemned by all women for life. scary scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf
    Hey. I did abit of research about the eye for my science project, so this might help.
    Optics
    ...the iris opening of the eye is 7.0mm+ in bright daylight and 2.0mm- in dark conditions....
    In QX

shouldn't it be 2mm in bright daylight and 7mm in dark conditions.?
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

djork: Hello. As pointed out by Sehsuan, yup i'm wrong. My bad. It should be the other way rd as you pointed.

dkw: Our eyes operate in a digital manner, though what we experience is a constant data stream instead of discrete frames in the case of videocameras. Let me elaborate. In our eyes, our photodetector cells trigger an action potential (i.e. pulse) whenever they are stimulated beyond a certain level. We process visual information based on the rate of pulsing (no. of pulses per second) so in this case, we act more like digital cameras because our brains process discrete pulses (digital) instead of continuously varying signals (analog film).

However, we experience a constant stream of data, and there are no discrete frames like digital videocams (30fps, 60fps etc) so that's a part where we are dissimilar from digital.

QX

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123