Thread: Colorvision on LCD

Default Colorvision on LCD

I've a cheap colorvision which can only be used on Windows.
    On my CRT monitor, I remember being asked by the program to set brightness such that I can see the 4 black boxes and the contrast to a certain value.....

But when I use it on my LCD, there's no steps asking me to do the above.

Am I doing things right? Did I miss any steps?

Default Re: Colorvision on LCD

Quote Originally Posted by weekh
    I've a cheap colorvision which can only be used on Windows.
    On my CRT monitor, I remember being asked by the program to set brightness such that I can see the 4 black boxes and the contrast to a certain value.....

But when I use it on my LCD, there's no steps asking me to do the above.

Am I doing things right? Did I miss any steps?
    Yes it is correct. It uses a different method to profile for LCD.

oh ****!
    Someone suggested that i can download the software from colorvision to use the device on my mac.

I've downloaded but it does not seem to detect my sensor device. And the program has now changed the mac colour profile. How to reset and bring it back to normal again?

oh ****!
    Someone suggested that i can download the software from colorvision to use the device on my mac.

I've downloaded but it does not seem to detect my sensor device. And the program has now changed the mac colour profile. How to reset and bring it back to normal again?
    Ahh.. I'm totally clueless with Macs.. Can't help you with this.. Is there a driver to let Mac recognise the device?

First things first.

Which older Spyder version are you now using? Is it "ColorPLUS" or just "Spyder"?

I believe both uses the same calibrator (the 3 arms of the calibrator should look transparent). Since ColorPLUS software dont have Mac version, you should download OptiCAL 3.7.7 and try installing this instead. Dont use PhotoCAL as this have less function.

Dont download Spyder2 or Spyder2express cause these software are meant for the newer Spyder2 calibrators.

oh ****!

search me on Google "simonKLgoh"