Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Running...

Default Re: Running...

Quote Originally Posted by Yeowww
    to prevent chafing and nipple bleeding, i use NEAT 3B Action.

i have Asics GEL-NIMBUS and DS Trainer. did the half marathon last year with the DS Trainer, its lighter but less cushioning. was contemplating using the Adidas CS Trainer, but was new then, maybe will try it this year...

oh yes, a heart rate monitor would be good to have.
    On the HEART RATE MONITOR, I'm currently looking at a few polar models. Saw that there are 2 kinds of straps - the cheaper hard one and more expensive softer type.

As money is an object, think I can only afford a hard one for now. Will anyone recommend this? or that I should just wait and save up for the softer type?

To thread starter: sorry if this post "hijacks" your original one on shoes! But I think it's related. Anyway, if you haven't got your shoes, try the New Balance 1060! Light and supportive. But dull design, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by browndad
    On the HEART RATE MONITOR, I'm currently looking at a few polar models. Saw that there are 2 kinds of straps - the cheaper hard one and more expensive softer type.

As money is an object, think I can only afford a hard one for now. Will anyone recommend this? or that I should just wait and save up for the softer type?

To thread starter: sorry if this post "hijacks" your original one on shoes! But I think it's related. Anyway, if you haven't got your shoes, try the New Balance 1060! Light and supportive. But dull design, of course.
    no problem... if u notice long enuff, ppl normally will be more afraid that i OT... hehehe...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Can try this service by New Balance as below:

"Analyse your Running Gait @ The Running Lab. By appointment only (2 - 5pm).
    Please call 6336 6775 for bookings, limited slots available.
    Brought to you by New Balance/Foot Practice"

For those with broad feet, I believe New Balance is the only brand that also have width sizes for you.

Quote Originally Posted by browndad

im using the Polar too, RS100, the so-call cheaper one. it is not the strap(soft or hard) that determines the price...its mainly the function of the HRM. the RS100 is a entry-level one, gd to start off with this, then see if u really like or utilise it fully. the RS200 has more functions, the distance tracking if got pod. i am considering getting the RS200sd, but what to do with my RS100?

if u wanna know more, can PM me lor.... else Del_CtrlnoAlt will OT on every thread to seek revenge...hahaaa....

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    For those with broad feet, I believe New Balance is the only brand that also have width sizes for you.
    not really, other brands also got wider width too, but i believe NB got the most lor

oh ****. so much talk about gear. i hope u have alr begun running and not just....planning to run!! just hit the track! barefoot wont die one

OK, shameless advertising now///

I got 1 shoe for sale. U'll like it for sure.
    512MB, USB2.0. $100.99 only

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123