Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Running...

Default Re: Running...

Quote Originally Posted by Ren_Hao
    hmmm, depend on individual, style of running and feet type. When i used to run, i liked the wave rider and creation. But it really depend on your feet type. The website is quite comprehensive on givng u tips on which shoes to choose.
    Asics, i am not too sure lah, nv wore Asics before.
    If i ever start to run again, I will definately go back to Mizuno
    not sure about about asics and mizo. but black boots have been tested by thousands capable of enduring 2 years of 4km running everyday. haha

Quote Originally Posted by anka
    not sure about about asics and mizo. but black boots have been tested by thousands capable of enduring 2 years of 4km running everyday. haha
    ya, den cripple for the rest of your lives...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    ya, den cripple for the rest of your lives...
    no lah... even if want to wear nike for running during army also no choice.

just grab a shoe and run lah. buying time for yourself to give excuse to yourself not to run right?

no lah... even if want to wear nike for running during army also no choice.

just grab a shoe and run lah. buying time for yourself to give excuse to yourself not to run right?
    wah u so the clever...

next i will ask where to run lor... but not yet... until buy outfit 1st....
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

wah u so the clever...

pengz

pengz
    paiseh, wanna pengz must find place also, cos i see a line of bodies b4 you who already pengz until san liao...

i remember last sunday someone asked me...

Are you foreigner (Yeap)
    Are you Japanese? (Nope)
    Are you Korean then? (Nope)
    (i've lived in singapore more than i live in my native country, but i look like any other countries than where i came from & live... strange...)
    So which planet you're from?

Quote Originally Posted by jimtong
    If you want to go into detail analysis, you have to know your feet type, it is normal feet? over/under pronate? Based on that, you will know what shoe to choose.

But for normal causal short distance running.. just get a reasonable price and as long as you feel comfortable, good enough.

If you run long distance.. remember tp protect your nipple, it will bleed with constant rubbing against your shirt.
    How about a short skirt for a more airy run in the tropical heat?

my ex-track and field teacher used to say that mizuno is good for running, but now my PT teachers say that adidas/asics are better for running. almost every trackker in my school wears and adidas or asics
    eat. drink. shoot

I'm wearing Asics... I quite liked it... ran a half marathon and a full marathon in them so far. Tights I feel are quite hot... normal running shorts will do for me liao, but must check that the edges are not rough. And the nipple abrasion part is quite true... saw it happened a few times, lucky I never kanna. A few dabs of vaseline on the nipples and around the groin area and you wouldn't see abrasion again

Default Brands don't matter much

If you are buying running shoes for the first time after a long while, or you are overweight, I would seriously suggest you avoid Nike-Free. Whilst I do not doubt their technology, it is a totally different feel from normal runners and may put you off from starting altogether. As for the rest of the major brands, it really doesn't matter whether you buy Nike, Adidas, Asics, New Balance, Saucony etc. My current personal preference is New Balance, as I've gone thru 2 pairs of NB766 in the last 6 months and completed a marathon with one, but I'm sure the rest of the other brands are equally capable. Far more important to determine your foot type and foot strike pattern, and buy your shoes accordingly. Unfortunately, hardly any sports store in Singapore seems to offer that service. There appears to be a store on the 3rd or 4th storey of Funan centre equipped with a treadmill and the staff there seemed to be helping a customer with his running gait and foot type when I was there, but I have no idea how well informed they are.

A small piece of advice as you start running...start low/go slow. Distance is far more important than speed. If after 10 minutes you are gasping for air, then you are going too fast. Slow down and walk a little if necessary. Build up to at least 45 minutes continuous jogging. If you want to seriously lose weight fast, consider doing a 60-90 minute run/jog every week in addition to the 2-3 sessions of 30-45 minutes.

Something else I highly recommend is a heart rate monitor. You can get a basic one for around $100. It is well worth it!

Good luck and get goin' !

Default Re: Brands don't matter much

thanks dudes...

hehe, hopefully tomorrow can go try out, wearing my Nike Free 5.0 walking around now... maybe go for a walk later...

wah u so the clever...

if some1 grab ur cam, i tink u wear slippers oso will run aft tt person lor...

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    if some1 grab ur cam, i tink u wear slippers oso will run aft tt person lor...
    maybe after training with Nike Free, i might take the slippers, throw at the thief, den run barefoot after it...

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    So which planet you're from?
    Space Colony Side D- C- ∀

very near Side 7...

Space Colony Side D- C- ∀

very near Side 7...
    Do you have a name?

For those who wants to run or job to keep fit, invest in a good pair of shoes to minimise injuries to you legs. Although NIKE is a good brand, to me it's overhyped and more expensive than other equally good brands. I prefer Saucony and it's, light, good and very comfortable for me and much cheaper than NIKE for the same qualities. A loose fitting and comfortable pair of shorts and singlet/T-shirt is also a must. If u run at night, don't forget to wear light-colored clothing for safety. Would be good to have some reflective materials on your gears. Enjoy your run.

Its absolutely true that there are a few precautions to take when doing running.

1. Pronation problem - whether ur ankle and knee turn inwards or outwards... this can lead to serious knee and ankle problems... if you do have pronation problem.. check out shoes like acsics... Personally i prefer that brand...

2. Persisting knee problem? May hav to wear patela guard or knee guard to prevent further injury...

3. Danger of over-exercising... My cartilage at my knees are wearing off already even though i'm in my early 20s. Gotta stop jogging already... I also have pronation problem.. so do check...

4. Nipple chaffing.. after running about 10 or 20 km.. you look down and u realize ur shirt got blood.. WHY!! its because of the friction between ur shirt and the skin of ur nipple... So wear those singlet type of light weight jogging attire... you dun want to be bleeding at ur chest...

Yup.. here's my few cents worth.. have fun jogging!

U wan to try to run away fr ur wify shou zhang xin?????

to prevent chafing and nipple bleeding, i use NEAT 3B Action.

i have Asics GEL-NIMBUS and DS Trainer. did the half marathon last year with the DS Trainer, its lighter but less cushioning. was contemplating using the Adidas CS Trainer, but was new then, maybe will try it this year...

oh yes, a heart rate monitor would be good to have.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast