Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for fellow photogs to visit Turkey and Greece in late June to early July

Default Re: looking for fellow photogs to visit turkey and greece in late june to early july

hi there,

I come from Holland. Currently I am in Singapore for an exchange programme and I go back to Holland at begin June. I like to join you but I don't know whether I can make it since I don't have so much money left now......

Default Re: looking for fellow photogs to visit turkey and greece in late june to early july

Quote Originally Posted by karfee
    hi there,

I come from Holland. Currently I am in Singapore for an exchange programme and I go back to Holland at begin June. I like to join you but I don't know whether I can make it since I don't have so much money left now......
    haha, just came back from Holland, Love the Place, Love the People, Hate the Weather.

Am looking forward to Turkey and Greece too, but just finished my tour in Spain and Holland, so will have to lay back for a while before I head off to Europe again.

Hope you'll find your kakis fast! and seriously, July? no no for me also, too expensive considering that it's touristy session and just after world cup!

hey whoswho,

Wht are you doing in Holland? Maybe seeing the flowers? We do not have many things that attracts people, hehehehe....I have been to Spain too. Spain is great

Quote Originally Posted by karfee
    hey whoswho,

Wht are you doing in Holland? Maybe seeing the flowers? We do not have many things that attracts people, hehehehe....I have been to Spain too. Spain is great
    Vacation! Was there for a dutch party, a friend's birthday party and at the same time visited my aunt.

Spain? Great? It's AWESOME!!! Valencia and Seville especially. In Spain, I visited Seville, Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Salamanca, and Avila.

Architecture, culture and people... haaa... people, lots of beautiful and sexy people there

thanks for all the encouragement guys... Long Thai Bean, i'll try to sort out the itinery and costs asap and post it here... like i said in my previous post... the itinery is quite flexible... but the dates are not... coz i am on a scholarship and my start work date has been set liaoz..

So those days can be shorter and played around a little bit.. (i presume not more than 4pple are coming) And the exact itinery can be discussed....

Xing, how did you manage to spend only 1k in greece for 10days? Eat bread daily, just walk no public transport? Same for turkey... care to share where you went and stayed... i plan to make this shoestring... so if you can share how to "cheap cheap" go and enjoy that's the best...

Oh yes... since you guys will be bringing ex equipment along. .. i presume that it's better to get a private room? Let me know if anyone has any objections to this... or feels otherwise...

In the mean time... my final paper is in 6 hours... then i have quite a bit of time to plan liaoz...

Cheers....

i think the key thing here is time. U want to see as much as possible so you want to keep transit times low. Xing mentioned bus, trains, etc. Remember that a lot of these do not follow proper schedules so you need to be very flexible and move when u can....good luck buddy. My gf wants to go to spain so i think thats where i'm off to!

Default Turkey and Greece in late june to early july

Never been to either of these countries, but had done some trip planning for Turkey during my work as a travel agent. Turkey is a big country and you may have to take a domestic flight to some of the other cities ... May be costly to fly ... but also if time is a factor, it may not be advisable to take the train or local bus ...

You would be surprise at the cost of living in these countries sometimes ... Going local is the key thing ... (local food ... local style accommodation ... local transport) can save you a fair bit of money ...

Good luck for your exams and do keep in touch with regards to your trip plans ...

RGDs

Default Re: Turkey and Greece in late june to early july

Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean
    Never been to either of these countries, but had done some trip planning for Turkey during my work as a travel agent. Turkey is a big country and you may have to take a domestic flight to some of the other cities ... May be costly to fly ... but also if time is a factor, it may not be advisable to take the train or local bus ...

You would be surprise at the cost of living in these countries sometimes ... Going local is the key thing ... (local food ... local style accommodation ... local transport) can save you a fair bit of money ...

Good luck for your exams and do keep in touch with regards to your trip plans ...

RGDs
    woah... u tour agent ah... then still want to know my itinery? haha... might as well take ur plan? haha... i dun mind planning for greece...

Default Re: Turkey and Greece in late june to early july

Quote Originally Posted by londonray
    woah... u tour agent ah... then still want to know my itinery? haha... might as well take ur plan? haha... i dun mind planning for greece...
    No lah ... that was about 8 years ago already ..... and that was planning for those cultural sightseeing trips ... I think a lot have changed now and I have not really kept up to date ... But if need to ... can still look up the Turkish Embassy people in Singapore for some help in trip planning.

Turkey is a tourist friendly country. Food's cheap, average restaurant bill = S$4-5 for a meal of kerbabs. Turkey got the newest, most comfortable, best service fleet of coaches there, even better than our Five-Star, Grassland coaches (see to believe )

As for travel itinerary, I would suggest that you buy or borrow the D&K's Eyewitness guides, it's worthwhile buying one for all the pictures and itinerary, a small sum compared to the trip.

I have an open air ticket to France for sale at a cheaper then market rate price, as i can't go. So anyone want to go Europe can contact me and make me a reasonable offer.

Default Re: Looking for fellow photogs to visit Turkey and Greece in late June to early July

I went to Greece in early Oct last year. It is a very nice and safe country, even for a gal travelling alone.

Compared to other European countries (eg. Italy and London), Greece is much cheaper. They have room rates for single instead of charging double occupancy. I went to Athens, Mykonos and Santorini for 8 days. Lovely places, lovely sunset, lovely Aegean Sea!

I highly recommend Santorini. I took a 5-hr cruise ferry from Athens to Mykonos. From Mykonos to Santorini, it is another 4-hr cruise ferry. (I took a domestic flight back from Santorini to Athens.)

Take the day tour in Santorini. The climb to the rocky volcano is an experience. Witness the beautiful sunset in Oia with the other tourists. And of course you can't miss the blue domes and white-washed walls.

I did a lot of research before I went and everything was what I expected. Do PM me if you need more info. I can share what I know.

Default Re: Looking for fellow photogs to visit Turkey and Greece in late June to early July

Quote Originally Posted by bringal
    I went to Greece in early Oct last year. It is a very nice and safe country, even for a gal travelling alone.

Compared to other European countries (eg. Italy and London), Greece is much cheaper. They have room rates for single instead of charging double occupancy. I went to Athens, Mykonos and Santorini for 8 days. Lovely places, lovely sunset, lovely Aegean Sea!

I highly recommend Santorini. I took a 5-hr cruise ferry from Athens to Mykonos. From Mykonos to Santorini, it is another 4-hr cruise ferry. (I took a domestic flight back from Santorini to Athens.)

Take the day tour in Santorini. The climb to the rocky volcano is an experience. Witness the beautiful sunset in Oia with the other tourists. And of course you can't miss the blue domes and white-washed walls.

I did a lot of research before I went and everything was what I expected. Do PM me if you need more info. I can share what I know.
    Wow, you actually ventured to europe alone??
    Tell me how you got your parents to agree and how u found the courage to do so. You have my admiration

Er.. I'm an adult already (though I look young) so no prob in getting parents' approval.

Actually now looking back, I wonder how I did it alone. Maybe the thought of taking photos and witnessing the wonderful sunset over Aegean Sea motivated me to go. Cannot find anyone with the time or money to go with me so I went ahead with my plans lor.

Thought can do some reflection on my life there but I guess I didn't!

Hey,

I am going to Greece on my own in late June. Will depart from Rhodes Island on the 12th. Maybe can meet up in Athens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12