Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compatible flashes?

Default Re: Compatible flashes?

I spoke to Oly Sweden today, the technician confirmed that T32 is safe to use on my E-500. He warned me about my Metz 30BCT4, as he called it a 'border case'. TTL is not possible, only the flash sensor can control the light. That was no news and good enough for me.

Different CT4 might have very different trigger voltages, as evidenced by the large "discrepancies" reported here: http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html

T-32 has pretty ok trigger voltage. The newer flashes generally have trigger voltage below 6V.

I wrote something here
    Visit my Homepage

The 54MZ4 isn't signficantly cheaper than the FL-50 but it is a very good flash and offers the flexibility of using it with other systems should you change in the future.
    Last edited by mpenza; 6th June 2006 at 10:04 AM.

Just got my Sunpak 383 today. Wow! Solid build and very accurate automatic light metering (compared to the cheapo auto-flash I bought earlier). Synchronises with my E330 up to a shutter speed of 1/250. About S$150 brand new from BHPhoto.com inclusive of shipping with another item.

Only major drawback is that doesn't have a zoom hood with fresnel lens but I was told you can get that as a separate accessory. No slave flash function either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12