View Poll Results: Is there too much OT posts in Clubsnap

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I am perfectly fine with it

    39 49.37%
  • Yes, it is irritating to scroll through pages of OT posts

    40 50.63%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52

Thread: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

  1. #21

    Default Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    pls no O.T here.

    we're talking abt our idol, KRW. he does not recommend S3Pro but D200.
    ironically since this topic is about OT, all these posts are not OT.

    They actually are on topic and helps to demonstrate my point.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    pls no O.T here.

    we're talking abt our idol, KRW. he does not recommend S3Pro but D200.
    who else can demonstrate that a D200 image is second in quality only to a 4x5 photograph ???!!!!!

    KRW needs no introduction!!!!!!!

  3. #23
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    ironically since this topic is about OT, all these posts are not OT.

    They actually are on topic and helps to demonstrate my point.
    u're goin O.T.

    no D.R talks or S3Pro. oni talk abt KRW.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  4. #24
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    who else can demonstrate that a D200 image is second in quality only to a 4x5 photograph ???!!!!!

    KRW needs no introduction!!!!!!!
    yes! KRW...

    when is he coming?????
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  5. #25
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    yes! KRW...

    when is he coming?????
    I'm logging in from the airport, still no sign of KRW

  6. #26
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I'm logging in from the airport, still no sign of KRW
    tough on u.
    hang on there, pal.
    i'm coming over tomorrow morning at 6am. take over from some of the tired fans.

    KRW... he is that good!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  7. #27

    Default Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    thanks for the bumping up. Can you guys post more frequently on this thread so we get more voters?

    Anything is fine.... KRW, BBB, etc

    thanks

  8. #28

    Default Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    ironically since this topic is about OT, all these posts are not OT.

    They actually are on topic and helps to demonstrate my point.
    True, but so? OT is a part of life in public forums. What do you propose to do about it?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  9. #29

    Default Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    Actually OT is quite common but usually is there is a reason like someone mentioned something different in the thread.

    Not like this KRW thing. I visit Xtremeplace, HWZ (last time), even xbox forum populated by youngsters, I have not seen a phenomena quite like this. Posting OT stuff for the sake of posting. Or what is the reason behind all these KRW postings?

    Actually I am hoping the moderators have an official stand on this. but I am curious about what the general CSers feel as it is not nice to ask people to do things without no justification

  10. #30
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    Let's vote wind30 to be an admin or moderator He's got what it takes

    He's so righteous and correct !! My IDOL!!!!

    After KRW that is...

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    1,226

    Default Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    HWZ don't have? Got people just post +1, +2 type of post just to rack up post count lor... don't even bother to type in a one liner. Clubsnap also has this sort of post, but luckily in the very small minority.

    Anyway I feel some OT posts show the community spirit of this forum... BUT... when you want to contribute constructively to a thread, scrolling through multiple BBBs and KRW roXr gets a bit irritating sometimes....

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    eastern past
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    gosh.. so strict one ah, nowadays? cannot OT then i would find CS very mundane leh
    aiya... learn the rules & break some
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    you should see the kind of rules some forums enforce. any slight deviation of the main topic and the mods will step in to give a yellow card. Even when quoting a reply, if the quote is too long, mods will also step in to edit the quotes.

    other forums will have your post moderated before being allowed to be viewed by the net.

    OT in CS IMHO is starting to look like HWZ where it is populated mostly by kids. Not forgetting that a lot of senior CSers from HWZ also? Probably the culture migrated from there. just guessing.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  14. #34
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    you should see the kind of rules some forums enforce. any slight deviation of the main topic and the mods will step in to give a yellow card. Even when quoting a reply, if the quote is too long, mods will also step in to edit the quotes.

    other forums will have your post moderated before being allowed to be viewed by the net.
    You think the mods and admins of CS very free issit?

    Why not you and wind30 vote to become moderators and help out? I'm sure we can vote for you and wind30 to become moderators.


    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    OT in CS IMHO is starting to look like HWZ where it is populated mostly by kids. Not forgetting that a lot of senior CSers from HWZ also? Probably the culture migrated from there. just guessing.
    Not really, just a lot of jokers/clones that are causing the forum(s) to look stupid. I'm not a senior CS, but I did migrate from HWZ over.

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    You think the mods and admins of CS very free issit?

    Why not you and wind30 vote to become moderators and help out? I'm sure we can vote for you and wind30 to become moderators.
    No thanks.. I think you're missing the point. I'm just showing how strict some forums can be. I have no intention of bring those standards here and i never said anything or doubted that the mods are not doing their jobs. Now this wun lead you to think I hate CS would you? I better state that I still love CS. Ppl are getting sensitive these days, they like to listen to Gold 90.5
    When I bring up bad points about anything will relate that I hate it.. but when I praised it, they dun seem to have heard it. Very selective reading..

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Not really, just a lot of jokers/clones that are causing the forum(s) to look stupid. I'm not a senior CS, but I did migrate from HWZ over.
    "Senior" I meant early supporters that registered early
    Your longevity bar ->
    To me you are senior

    Want us to vote for you to 'clean up' CS?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  16. #36
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    No thanks.. I think you're missing the point. I'm just showing how strict some forums can be. I have no intention of bring those standards here and i never said anything or doubted that the mods are not doing their jobs. Now this wun lead you to think I hate CS would you? I better state that I still love CS. Ppl are getting sensitive these days, they like to listen to Gold 90.5
    When I bring up bad points about anything will relate that I hate it.. but when I praised it, they dun seem to have heard it. Very selective reading..
    Eh I didn't say you hate CS... don't stereotype all Nikon users .


    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    "Senior" I meant early supporters that registered early
    Your longevity bar ->
    To me you are senior
    I newbie... not senior... I KJW more than I contribute


    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    Want us to vote for you to 'clean up' CS?
    If I ever become a moderator, CS will close down liao lor. Too many moderators don't like me, it will never happen and I'm not one bit interested in being a cleaner. Hee.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Eh I didn't say you hate CS... don't stereotype all Nikon users .
    wei wei wei! dun OT and bring brand in here hor!

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I newbie... not senior... I KJW more than I contribute
    I tot it's KRW? who is KJW huh?



    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    If I ever become a moderator, CS will close down liao lor. Too many moderators don't like me, it will never happen and I'm not one bit interested in being a cleaner. Hee.
    no lah. at least you have a hate-club as big as your fan club, fan club probably bigger. So far I only managed to open a hate-club and no fan club yet
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  18. #38
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    wei wei wei! dun OT and bring brand in here hor!



    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    I tot it's KRW? who is KJW huh?
    For me to know, you to find out.



    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    no lah. at least you have a hate-club as big as your fan club, fan club probably bigger. So far I only managed to open a hate-club and no fan club yet
    I had so far 3-4 threads started about me... and in record time all threads about me moved out of sight, guess the moderators and admins is in my fan-club too. You can try a fan-club thread, you might get some fans too. Hee.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    thanks for all the bumps. Upz. please vote.

  20. #40

    Smile Re: Poll: Is there too much OT posts in clubsnap

    so, when and where will the rally be?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •