Thread: does this images justify to be on album cover?

Cool does this images justify to be on album cover?

my recent studio work for a singer, which do you think is good which is bad, what works what not? what is more suitable for album cover image?

http://photos1.blogger.com/hello/165...Image_0192.jpg

cheers
    chirty

Default Re: does this images justify to be on album cover?

The creased and folded floor does not work, it looks like it was done in a hurry and its just messy, also its way too under exposed, even if that was your effect, im straining to even see a face. Also i dislike the overall pose, i think he has leaned to far forward and the composition is poor, i keep looking at his back or his shoes or his watch, which i dont think i should be, there is no real focus point, also the chains coming out of the trousers or pocket at the back are too distracting

So to answer your question, no, this image does not justify to be on an album cover

If u want to see some examples of my humble work then here is the link http://www.pbase.com/wildstallion/uwc_rockage&page=all

These were taken to use as band posters, they may help you, i dunno
    Last edited by wildstallion; 24th April 2006 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion
    The creased and folded floor does not work, it looks like it was done in a hurry and its just messy, also its way too under exposed, even if that was your effect, im straining to even see a face. Also i dislike the overall pose, i think he has leaned to far forward and the composition is poor, i keep looking at his back or his shoes or his watch, which i dont think i should be, there is no real focus point, also the chains coming out of the trousers or pocket at the back are too distracting

So to answer your question, no, this image does not justify to be on an album cover
    The image looks too flat, no punch to it. I think a tighter crop just might salvage the shot. Does nothing for me.

i can see the connecting part of the 2 floor piece..
    album cover, it really depends on what type of songs are in his album.. jazz? blue?
    for hip hop pop songs. its a no no..
    i do agree its a bit under exposed,
    but i think i do helps if u can talk a bit on why u like this posture.. lightings...so that we can comment more
    just sharing what i feel thats all...

Nothing too bad you can't save in PS, though of course, all work is better done before pushing the button. If you want to save a reshoot, then PS's your man.

One exceptional thing I cannot stand (and will be tricky to save), the seat is the same colour as his pants. It looks like he grew an arse, pardon my language.

Quote Originally Posted by chirty
    my recent studio work for a singer, which do you think is good which is bad, what works what not? what is more suitable for album cover image?
    I don't think the image really matters (I buy albums for the music, not the cover). But the aspect ratio of the image doesn't seem to lend itself to squaer (or almost-square) LP, single, CD, DVD, or MD covers.

Thumbs up Re: does this images justify to be on album cover?

http://photos1.blogger.com/hello/165...Image_0469.jpg
    check this actual cover shoot photo image out, i think the only lack of highlight is at the hair. over all is on par with international standard. i personally think this one justify a good sharing.