View Poll Results: Do you believe in motivational seminar?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I believe, but didn't attend.

3 6.98%
  • Yes, I attended and my life has changed

5 11.63%
  • No, attended before.

19 44.19%
  • No, never attended before.

16 37.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in motivational seminar?

Default Do you believe in motivational seminar?

wondering if how many of us believe in those motivational workshops/seminars?

anyone went and have life changing experiences?

Default Re: Do you believe in motivational seminar?

there's this 'self discovery' course that IMO is a great money spinner. It is operated mainly by volunteers who swear by the course and form GREAT bonds between coursemates.

I'm still the same. I'm still me and I haven't broken any higher heights than what I'm already at and what I've already achieved.

Most of these courses are common sense to me. I know those are the right things to do, but attending the course just makes it compulsory for you to do them becos you spent money on it.

To me, it's like tuition for adults. You know you got to do your homework to get good grades but you're just too darn lazy to do it. SO you hire a 'professional' to see to it that you do your homework twice a week, 1.5 hours each session.

Anyway, it's always good to attend the course, becos you get to know more people and form intimate bonds and did I also mention it's held in posh ballrooms of hotels? great food as well.
    Last edited by yanyewkay; 24th April 2006 at 11:26 AM.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Doesn't really work for me, imho you are still your best motivational speaker.

It useless to push a cow's head to the water if it doesn't want to drink.

I Don't believe such stuff... its really a personal thing to push yourself..

Quote Originally Posted by Jango
    good ol' saying. but some believe that if you play the flute enough to the cow, it will eventually drink the water. that's why they pay high premiums to attend it.

I wasted good money thinking it was a miracle seminar.
    Last edited by yanyewkay; 24th April 2006 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango
    Put a female cow in the water and see whether he wants to drink or not.

Motivational seminars and stuff like dat. Its a good time for me to switch off completely and take a break from work.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

i supposed paul voted "Yes, I attended and my life has changed" ? becos I'm number 2 to vote and thread views was 3 at time of my voting.

yes, i believe in them. worked for me
    eat. drink. shoot

I went for one which was telling you how to increase your sales... but at the end of the talk he started to talk about his own self help tapes and books for sale and I didn't even consider buying them...

Ain't that ironic? trying to teach people how to sell when you can't even sell your own product?? After that I stopped going to such seminars altogether...

Quote Originally Posted by enivre
    I went for one which was telling you how to increase your sales... but at the end of the talk he started to talk about his own self help tapes and books for sale and I didn't even consider buying them...

Ain't that ironic? trying to teach people how to sell when you can't even sell your own product?? After that I stopped going to such seminars altogether...
    maybe the idea is to learn from him and start giving your own inspirational talks with your own line of self help books and tapes...people do buy them, so that's how you increase your sales..so in theory it works..hur hur

depends on the context. some talks are really beneficial but i think some people already clean forgotten what they learnt from the seminars almost instantly they left the rooms. of course there're some ppl who are more serious and keep to what they learnt.

i dont want to start swearing, but this topic simply makes my blood BOIL. i got v pissed at a colleague cum (ex) friend who tried means & ways to get me to attend her health cum morale boosting seminars. she wont stop ranting that those talks would do my health good, and also she learnt alot of things, e.g. like how to be more confident & talk properly. i told her that im not interested but she wont give up, still continued to bug me, told me that the talks would benefit me. ended up i told her a few things that she didnt quite expect from me and she never dares to approach me again. i think obviously she got more confident but where is her common sense?
    Last edited by furrycake; 25th April 2006 at 12:54 PM.
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Been once to a 'Wealth Creation' talk and spent 200+ dollars. They tried to program some thoughts into my sub-conscious mind so that i can continous think that i am a successful person in life.

I think this is a New Age Movement thing that tells you that you can be God. From my point of view, there is only 1 God and we are definately not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Ong
    Been once to a 'Wealth Creation' talk and spent 200+ dollars. They tried to program some thoughts into my sub-conscious mind so that i can continous think that i am a successful person in life.

I think this is a New Age Movement thing that tells you that you can be God. From my point of view, there is only 1 God and we are definately not.
    'Wealth Creation' for you or the speaker?

These kinda 'creating wealth' crap talks, never believed in them. If anything, we are creating wealth for the speaker (literally) and making ourselves a couple of hundred buckaroos poorer.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

There are some motivational seminars which purposes are to psycho you to join MLM. I have nothing against MLM personally but after attending quite a number of such talks(being tricked by some friends to go), feel very pissed off by their persuasive ways. They will keep hounding and persuading you to join and if you do not join in the end, they will start putting you down. Saying you do not have dreams and no ambitions etc..

These kind of seminars gave me a very bad lasting impression, thats why I am very careful whenever anyone asked me to attend any motivational seminars liao.. Anyway this is just my own opinion..
    Last edited by aaron80; 25th April 2006 at 01:18 PM.
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

bernard, next time give me the $200. I promise I wun put thought in your mind. I will just put the money in my pocket. No questions asked no comments to make

Hi,

Any tried those optionetics/trading strategies seminars? They usually cost a bundle.

Am skeptical -- if the speakers are really market wizards, they should be making millions on the bourses and no need to persuade HDB heartlanders to part with a few thousand dollars each! ; )

MW

I been to Rich Dad Poor Dad ...
    can consider a motivational seminar I suppose .. teach you how to save $

I really save alot .. then spend on cameras

If attending motivation seminar can help oneself to be somebody instantly, there will be many succesful ppl on the street already. In the end, it still depend on yourself.

The ppl who make the money are the ppl who gives the talk and the organiser.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast