Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beauties From Down Under, & North America!

Default Re: Beauties From Down Under, & North America!

Erm... if the photographer has no time to direct the models and let the models call the shots (no pun intended)... then might as well plant the camera with a tripod and use a remote trigger.

The photographer can relax and smoke a cigar or something while the model pose for the "camera" (emphasise "camera") instead of the photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    Agreed that the prices are in the higer end of the spectrum. However, they are still way within range of model shoot, especially for professional caucasion models.

For these group model shoot, I rather have experienced models because there is simply no time for me to give detail directions to the models, they must know what to do, and just pose.

You cannot simply look at what other organiser charge, you must also factor into the quality of the models, the experience of the models and what they are capable to produce for the photographers at the shoot. Some of the shoot, amateurs running amok, near impossible to get any good images.

For these 2 caucasion imports, the price is extremely reasonable.

While i appreciate your eloquence, if i were to extrapolate on your "notion of value", then the models should be paying me to shoot them (which most do, btw). Cause I can create such beautiful photos that every model would die to have a piece of my limited-edition handcrafted personally-autographed work in their potfolio

Similarly, i hope modelinn is familiar with the notion of craftsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by modelinn
    Touché deadpoet.
    A good model must be an axe to break the seas inside our soul.
    Wise indeed are those who so discern nature's bounty gift-wrapped in such immaculate beauty as to merit a generous spirit. For all that is scarce and so desired, are most often put on a pedestal for men with taste to behold and bid.
    In a nutshell, one does not bid a Picanto for a Jaguar. Likewise, i hope astroboy is familiar with the njotion of value. Have a good evening, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy
    While i appreciate your eloquence, if i were to extrapolate on your "notion of value", then the models should be paying me to shoot them (which most do, btw). Cause I can create such beautiful photos that every model would die to have a piece of my limited-edition handcrafted personally-autographed work in their potfolio

Great Scott! Yes we are familiar with the notion of craftsmanship. Indeed, we are deeply acquainted. But i know nothing of this toddler who claims to have universal appeal. Perhaps U will reveal yourself to us, astroboy. i am sure U must be quite a piece of work, or so U claim to be.

Erm... if the photographer has no time to direct the models and let the models call the shots (no pun intended)... then might as well plant the camera with a tripod and use a remote trigger.

The photographer can relax and smoke a cigar or something while the model pose for the "camera" (emphasise "camera") instead of the photographer.

Well, astroboy, you probably never had the opportunity to join us amateurs photographers at a model shoot, really no time to smoke a cigar.

Got to apologise, did not recognise that I was talking to a profesional craftsman, with years of experience in the industry. Maybe, you should come down to the shoot, and be our art director, and help us amateurs to get better pictures?

But, I personally will pass on the opportunity. Anyone with a team of atylists, mua's, pa's, producers and art directors, could have done much better. I found your portraiture rather uninspiring.

Really, astroboy, since you are a pro you should know better not to step on others' toes, who like yourself, were merely trying to make a living out of photography.
    Last edited by Deadpoet; 28th April 2006 at 05:56 AM.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Hey AstroBoy.. Pull your head in.. Modelinn hires only professional models for these shoots, not wannabe models, kids in bikinis, or your sisters best friend.. These are actual models, you know the sort you see in an international magazine.

Having been on a shoot with these guys, they are extremely professional, i just wish my wife would let me out more often to shoot with them, no i'm not under the thumb, i'm trying to save money, or i would be on each and every shoot.

One thing about models is that the camera loves them, sure you could sit there with a tripod and remote tethered shooting, if that's what you want. Watching these girls do there thing with 10 photographers is truly stunning. I am no pro, i'm an overzealous amerture, but to get the experience to shoot with a professional model, and learn and interact with fellow photographers in this environment is an incredible learning experience.

Two thumbs up for MODELinn.. their models are top notch, their shoots are top notch and you need to get out more often Astroboy and discover the real world, through the lens, and maybe you can then appreciate the lengths MODELinn go to to make each and every photographer on the shoot feel a part of the shoot.

Moxy

Dear Astroboy, as much as your candour is appreciated by some, may i please remind you not to crash this thread? If you wish to air some of the issues you may have, you may wish to do some in another sub forum but it would be considered extremely impolite to do what you have done here.

Thank you.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Thank U, moderator.
    And thank U AhV, Deadpoet and Moxy.
    Somehow, i feel vindicated. i am not sure what i've done to have provoked such an aggravated exchange last night but yes, i hope it will come to an end.
    i have decided to press ahead with the shoot this Saturday. My mission stays. That is to provide aspiring photographers with the opportunity to work with good, professional models so as to enhance their skills, passions and portfolios. Forgive me if my act to level the playing field between novice and full-time photographers alike have caused some disenchantment. But i personally feel that novice and aspirants alike should be given the opportunity to photograph and work with first-rate models and not have to live vicariously through the work of others in magazine glossies all their lives. To those who have shown your support for this ideal, i thank U again. i look forward to successful shoot tomorrow.

I would think that the "notion of value" differs from everyone, Should you think that your craftsmanship of masterpieces are financially valued, then all the best to you. I'm glad for you that you're making bucks from it. Thats not the objective of this thread anyway.

We've another 2 guys to attend the shoots and we gladly pay what the organizer is asking for. Its a fair game and a fair world.

So ups fo this thread and hopefully to those gus that are still undecided out there, give it a go .. life is short ! ..

you wanna live forever ???

Hi everyone,
    To avoid confusion, i have decided to post our final line-up for tommorrow's shoot.
    So for tomorrow, Saturday April 29th, at 3pm, we are proud to present:

Carol from Australia

& Amanda from the U.S.A.

We have 4 more places available for tomorrow's event.
    So, if U are interested to photograph Carol & Amanda, please come forward to register at:
    modelinn@gmail.com

wah piang eh ....... shoot is tomorrow ....Have you signed up ?

Upzz for you !

Quote Originally Posted by modelinn
    Thank U, moderator.
    And thank U AhV, Deadpoet and Moxy.
    Somehow, i feel vindicated. i am not sure what i've done to have provoked such an aggravated exchange last night but yes, i hope it will come to an end.
    i have decided to press ahead with the shoot this Saturday. My mission stays. That is to provide aspiring photographers with the opportunity to work with good, professional models so as to enhance their skills, passions and portfolios. Forgive me if my act to level the playing field between novice and full-time photographers alike have caused some disenchantment. But i personally feel that novice and aspirants alike should be given the opportunity to photograph and work with first-rate models and not have to live vicariously through the work of others in magazine glossies all their lives. To those who have shown your support for this ideal, i thank U again. i look forward to successful shoot tomorrow.
    No worries.

Good luck for your shoot.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

UPZ

Shoot is TODAY....... you going ?

Upzz for modelinn

Thanks to Ivan and Edmund of Modelinn, rare have I seen such profressional organisers. Modelinn has set the new standard for organising shoots on CS.

Thanks to Carol and Amanda, perhaps the 2 most beautiful and professioanl models I have the pleasure to work with for a very long time.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Deadpoet; 29th April 2006 at 06:54 PM.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

The shoot was great! This is my 2nd shoot with Modelinn, they definitely didn't disappoint! Well Done!

Carol & Amanda are really professional! I really enjoyed the shoot! Great work gals!

Staci

> Affirmative and my sentiments alike on the professionalism of both the organisers (ivan & edmund) and the models (carol & amanda). Thanks to you guys, i had enjoyed the shoot and we have a great time knowing more friends via this shoot. Cheers !

Smile Re: Beauties From Down Under, & North America!

Enjoyed the shoot very much. Hope to see some of your shots soon. Well done to the organizers and models (Amanda and Carol). I would love to participate any future events.

Here's one photograph taken today. I like to process the New York Broadway 70's type of effect . Just to share with you guys. If i have the chance, will post some of the actual film BW photos once i got it developed. Cheers to a lovely weekend n coming holidays !

Last edited by radi9red; 30th April 2006 at 02:47 AM.

Nice pics from Sanny!

Modelinn's models attracted almost all the PRO portrait shooters in the sub-forum

What can i say ? Keep it up, guys or ' MODELINN' Dun keep the guys waiting ....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast