Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M1 -why do ppl still subscribe?

Default Re: M1 -why do ppl still subscribe?

changing no. is only a slight hassle. if you inform all your contacts and some refuse/don't bother to change them, then those contacts are not worth contacts anymore!

M1 offers 8188xxxx and 8288xxxx now..go get it!

I am on M1 since early days. didn't change as I can claim from company. Even if dun claim, my bill quite small one...bcos i am a low end user and dun exceed my sms/voice quota.

i m also on M1 & its a leeched line, ie. $10 per month cos i m a low call user. hee... use the phone mainly for sms. but thx for highlighting, i will probably look at singtel line when i go "full fledge".

M1 has changed owner, new main owner is a Malaysia Tel. co (I think). This could be why the service is not as good as before. They just report that their profit go up. Better than last year and that is what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by alan1996
    M1 has changed owner, new main owner is a Malaysia Tel. co (I think). This could be why the service is not as good as before. They just report that their profit go up. Better than last year and that is what they want.
    No. The Malaysian investor only has a 30% shareholding in M1.

And owned by Malaysian company = Lower levels of service?!?

Also, it is possible for profit to increase because of good/better service!

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin

The M1 sunperks is also quite ridiculous as the minimum amount is 1000 points while Starhub only needs a minimum of 200 points. The autoroaming charges from M1 is $10 compared to Starhub $5.

M1 does not value loyal customers.
    yah, I agreed..all the offers that they give is at least 1000 points and above. That time I only had ard 700plus points so it was not enough to claim thise stuff using my sunperks points. In the end I only claimed a pair of movie tickets (requiring only 400 sunperks points) can't claim anything else already and I wan to fully utilised the points

I thought auto-roaming for m1 is pay-per-use? why is there a charges of $10?

Quote Originally Posted by timlim
    No. The Malaysian investor only has a 30% shareholding in M1.

And owned by Malaysian company = Lower levels of service?!?

Also, it is possible for profit to increase because of good/better service!
    The RM is half of that SG$, so service quality also the same rite ? :-)

I bought SH's share during IPO, now it has gone up generously. Me happy leh, even if it is 2 humble lots only

M1 is pretty consistent signal-wise but SH is still some way off ... There are spots in Bt. Timah where there is zero coverage and surprisingly no signal in MOS too??!

i saw m1 profit for the past year , i have a feeling that the profit generated , its not so much of loyal customers , but merely users who do not wish to go thru the hassle of informing friend of number change.

when the day comes for customer who are ruthless enuf to change when met with such ridiculous way of charging people , then , only then m1 will start to see their downfall.

i still got 10 more months to go , n i am not going to sign up with them again , unless their give me a voucher that equates the phone i 1 2 buy .

So far most of the posters have been comparing prices of handsets, subscription plans etc.

But anyone ever bothered about customer service?

Based on my experienced M1 has very good customer service. When I had minor charge disputes etc, their customer service representative was able to rectify the dispute ON THE SPOT. No need to ask her supervisor, check back etc. If you point out a mistake, they'll rectify it.

Compare this to Singtel. Although my experience was for their broadbrand service, I believe a company's customer service is reflective of their corporate philosophy and beliefs. I had a billing dispute with singtel, and after repeated calls, they still continued to bill me for a service I had asked cancelled. After I made a formal complaint, their supervisor called back to say they were right and they would not rectify the charge (less then $8 mind you, the amt disputed).

I had to write in to the straits times, had my letter published in the forum before their PR person called back and apologised for the oversight. She mentioned that their customer service had told her that they had offered to reverse the charge. I had to correct her and remind her that I DEMANDED that the charge be reversed before they agreed - they never offered anything.

I think Singaporeans tend to overlook the importance of gd service, and instead focus on monetary gains. Perhaps they were lucky never to have gone through such an experience. But the stark difference in attitudes and practices is telling.

M1 is customer oriented, Singtel is some big conglomerate with much room for improvement in the people aspect. Competitive prices are one thing, but valuing your customers goes beyond giving them vouchers and cheap phones. It means making a genuine and sincere effort to make your customers happy.

I hope that before you go around slamming companies cos they don't give you cheap phones and cheap plans, you take a moment to consider that they may acutally be offering you something else. I am happy with M1, to singtel, buck up. Freebies won't buy me. Valuing me as a customer will.
    Last edited by solarii; 24th April 2006 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin
    M1 does not value loyal customers.
    I concur that. Quit M1 because they sent me a lawyer letter just because I was out of town for two month, thus unable to pay on time. When I tell them the custimer service just say it's company policy they can't do any thing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by solarii
    So far most of the posters have been comparing prices of handsets, subscription plans etc.

Based on my experienced M1 has very good customer service. When I had minor charge disputes etc, their customer service representative was able to rectify the dispute ON THE SPOT. No need to ask her supervisor, check back etc. If you point out a mistake, they'll rectify it.

Compare this to Singtel. Although my experience was for their broadbrand service, I believe a company's customer service is reflective of their corporate philosophy and beliefs. I had a billing dispute with singtel, and after repeated calls, they still continued to bill me for a service I had asked cancelled. After I made a formal complaint, their supervisor called back to say they were right and they would not rectify the charge (less then $8 mind you, the amt disputed).

I had to write in to the straits times, had my letter published in the forum before their PR person called back and apologised for the oversight. She mentioned that their customer service had told her that they had offered to reverse the charge. I had to correct her and remind her that I DEMANDED that the charge be reversed before they agreed - they never offered anything.

I think Singaporeans tend to overlook the importance of gd service, and instead focus on monetary gains. Perhaps they were lucky never to have gone through such an experience. But the stark difference in attitudes and practices is telling.

M1 is customer oriented, Singtel is some big comglomerate with much room for improvement in the people aspect. Competitive prices are one thing, but valuing your customers goes beyond giving them vouchers and cheap phones. It means taking a genuine and sincere effort to make your customer happy.
    Sadly I did not have a good experience with M1. Once I went to M1 to purchase a phone they simply told did not have. When I insisted they check they found they have another unit in Parkway Parade. This is not the first time I encounter this problem of them not checking unless you insist they do. They don't even know when new shipment of their mobile phones are coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by singscott
    I concur that. Quit M1 because they sent me a lawyer letter just because I was out of town for two month, thus unable to pay on time. When I tell them the custimer service just say it's company policy they can't do any thing about it.
    Oh they charge $50.00 for a lawyer letter they sent to you, you like it or not

Quote Originally Posted by singscott
    Something u might wanna note: Pay in credit if u're expected to be out of town.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Arrow Re: M1 -why do ppl still subscribe?

Khazanah Malaysia/Telekom Malaysia now owns some of M1 shares.

I concur that the Starhub customer service needs to be improve but it is not everyday that I will call them for help.

They pay as you roam is good if you travel once in awhile. The autoroaming is more for frequent traveller.

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    M1 has better sound quality den Starhub. especially in those private areas where starhub is not available. like the Hume ave. no reception to all starhub users there...

there isnt noise cancellation in starhub... and u compare to singtel's crystal clear voice system to starhub's noisy background which will convince pple that u are outside and is busy....

starhub is cheaper. but customer service line abit irritating... can never get through one..
    m1 and singtel has coverage almost on all singapore areas including singapore waters.

i am a starhub user since it started its service a few years back. and my choice of jumping over.... free incoming calls.. and now still free.. so i dun bother to change it back.. coz most of the time i will sms my friends and ask them to call me... den i have free incoming.. . and ifs noisy background, its ok for me, coz to prove that i am outside and busy..haha
    About sound quality, I think it's all in your imagination. GSM's not an analogue network. What you're saying is something like "Starhub internet quality is not so good, because when I surf the internet all the pictures come distorted." It's not going to happen man, it's all in your mind.

Where you get such funny "facts" one? Noise cancellation is a function of your handset, not the line. Lemme guess, you using cheapo phone?

Quote Originally Posted by alan1996
    If you've been to Malaysia recently, you'll know that their service quality is a step ahead of us. You'll get better service more often there than in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by unseen
    If you've been to Malaysia recently, you'll know that their service quality is a step ahead of us. You'll get better service more often there than in Singapore.
    Wah! Malaysia's telco customer service that good meh?

I concur with comments so far - that M1's really not that good after all. I find their roaming services ridiculous. For users who may need roaming only once in a while, the require you to activate it... then pay for it.. and when u not using roaming... deactivate it again.. if not you'll continue paying for the "ability to roam". For pple who travel only like twice or 3 times a year, not worthwhile to keep roaming while being stuck in spore rite.

Got enough of their activating and deactivating... and switched to Singtel who's got pay-as-you-roam. Even though its not very cheap... but sure beats activating and deactivating (which requires a fee each time you do it!)

M1 like disappearing into the scene. I have not seen any advertisement, promotion for some time.

Now that someone reminds me that M1 used to be the number 2, but to me it seems ages already.

Quote Originally Posted by solarii

M1 is customer oriented, Singtel is some big conglomerate with much room for improvement in the people aspect. Competitive prices are one thing, but valuing your customers goes beyond giving them vouchers and cheap phones. It means making a genuine and sincere effort to make your customers happy.

I hope that before you go around slamming companies cos they don't give you cheap phones and cheap plans, you take a moment to consider that they may acutally be offering you something else. I am happy with M1, to singtel, buck up. Freebies won't buy me. Valuing me as a customer will.
    well said.

Nothing beats M1 when it comes to customer service! Don't believe? Just give all the 3 telcos a call & check their response time in picking up the phone!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast