Thread: A Flower

Default A Flower

Comments please!

Default Re: A Flower

not a bad effort...colours are bright and the flower looks sharp. however the composition is a bit too ordinary with a flower plunked right in the middle of the frame. mebbe u can try going in much closer, or place the flower off-centre in the frame.

i actually think this photo is nice. made me go "hmm...i like it." nothing about the composition to shout about, but the colours, the yellow and blue, just combine to make it a very eye pleasing and cheerful shot. it makes me feel happy.

I think try as far as possible not to blow the highlights on the flower. It's rather distracting for me.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

very pleasing pastel combination. but shadows are a little weird. on the top left petal the light seems to come from your left, but on the second the shadow suggests light from the top. they don't seem to gel.. perhaps there was something else casting a shadow on the petals?
    Many are culled, few are chosen

csisfun, i think if you want to capture the entire flower, this is either a bad angle or a bad choice of specimen. the lighting might be beautiful but the form of the flower isn't, and the framing rather uninteresting. if you have the resources, a macro on the mid portion of the flower might have been much more interesting.