Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not again ....

Default Re: Not again ....

guess what... i showed 8 pple this news and all of them said the same thing...

they said

"They (Msia) trying to be funny.."

first the $20 crap entry fee. den the scrapping of the causeway project. and now this...

obviously they very free at the government houses swatting flies...

they are not trying to be funny. they are being very serious. if you know the political culture across the straits, you will know perfectly well the project will be cancelled one way or another, they just needed a good excuse. go back and look at how the double electric rail project was cancelled.

enough said before we get libellous.

I thought there should not be any politics issues in Clubsnap. Especially between Malaysia and Singapore. Please do not joke about this kinda of issues. So what if Malaysia wants to build a 60km or 600km or a space port to the moon. It's their business and nothing doing with the Singapore goverment. Why must one make a fool out of a country, especially neighbouring countries. Please respect our neighbours. You will never know when you need their help. Please be humble.

As a Malaysian, my first thoughts on this were "Another bloody stupid idea..!". I think Badawi should spend more resources on domestic issues such as reducing the crime rate and improving public infractures and not try to 'one-up' on Mahathir by coming up with another stupid Mega-project that will just sap more and more money

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    As a Malaysian, my first thoughts on this were "Another bloody stupid idea..!". I think Badawi should spend more resources on domestic issues such as reducing the crime rate and improving public infractures and not try to 'one-up' on Mahathir by coming up with another stupid Mega-project that will just sap more and more money
    As an ex-Malaysian I couldn't agree more.

Why not spend the resources for more tertiary education opportunities for the minorities?

This is not Singaporeans ridiculing a neighbouring country. This is Malaysian and ex-Malaysian speaking out against another grandiose white elephant project.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    As an ex-Malaysian I couldn't agree more.

Why not spend the resources for more tertiary education opportunities for the minorities?

This is not Singaporeans ridiculing a neighbouring country. This is Malaysian and ex-Malaysian speaking out against another grandiose white elephant project.
    I can empathise with you, my wife is also malaysian. however what is important is how it is said, re my point about snide remarks.

Its just a proposal only....
    If they really decided to go ahead with it, definitely wont take so fast to complete...
    They gotta map the seabed....plan the route...call the contractors....lay the foundation.....bla bla bla.....
    Plenty of time for cancellation of the project all these while..

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    I can empathise with you, my wife is also malaysian.
    You are a lukcy man.

I tot malaysia should bridge to east malaysia if possible. It will be a super long link but i know its a long shot. Not feasible. If the proposed bridge is built, the east malaysians must be thinking: "They rather bridge to other ppl than us? Own ppl?"

As a Singaporean, i hope they build the bridge. So i dun need to travel far to see a mega bridge. It will also bring some attention to S.E.A as a whole also. It will be interesting.

The pic in this thread is interesting. Semi bridge, semi tunnal. Is it for real? Or concept?
    Last edited by afbug; 23rd April 2006 at 11:55 PM.

One Richter scale 8 earthquake along the Sumatra fault line and that longest bridge will be in jeopardy. Think twice.

Quote Originally Posted by yaoxing
    One Richter scale 8 earthquake along the Sumatra fault line and that longest bridge will be in jeopardy. Think twice.
    Thats true. I wonder if its possible to bridge such a distance with the busy shipping lines.

But this bridge, shorter and is a suspension one, stradles a fault line and WAS actually tested by the real thing.
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/buildingbig/...hi_kaikyo.html

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Thats true. I wonder if its possible to bridge such a distance with the busy shipping lines.

But this bridge, shorter and is a suspension one, stradles a fault line and WAS actually tested by the real thing.
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/buildingbig/...hi_kaikyo.html
    Arh..... if a similar one had to be built across the Straits of Malacca, it'll have to break all three records held by this bridge you mentioned. Tallest suspension, longest suspension, and most expensive to build.....$4.3 billion.... I would rather put that sort of money into home affairs, education and defence.....

on a lighter note. buy all of us a one hasselblad 503cw can liao....

anyway. and its true that its just a proposal. but i believe those taxpayer's $ can be put to a better cause like helping the locals who are poor and under previledged.

i think how developed is a country is not how fast it grows. but how it treats it elderly, and under-previledged.

why spend money on buliding the biggest of everything while pple in the country is going hungry ?

just some thoughts... and true la...one of the fault lines is there. buliding a bride is infeasible.... dun built better.... save $... put in piggy bank la..

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    i think how developed is a country is not how fast it grows. but how it treats it elderly, and under-previledged.

why spend money on buliding the biggest of everything while pple in the country is going hungry ?
    No offence, but if that were the case, then Singapore wouldn't exactly fall into the category of 'developed'... Just take a walk through your HDB neighborhood and you'll see many, many old (and some even infirmed) people struggling to make ends meet by doing all sorts of menial jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    I think in the case of the country we've derided, it is in how it treats all its citizens equitably with equal opportunities for higher education, governmemt contracts and employment.

We have to learn to be mature and not to be 'guided' by media. I read this news before, but it is an opinion for 'melaka government', and it is really just one sided opinion and nothing has really been discussed. It is not even a Badawi approved project, it is purely.. out of someone, who i say not every politician talks sense.. but when the discussion goes on, it becomes how stupid the malaysia government.

Media is powerful, coz it manipulates readers.

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    would like to remind all to be mindful of the feelings of our neighbours (many of whom actually lives here) and to be civil in our comments. snide remarks reflects only upon our upbringing.
    hehehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12