Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tristao da Cunha - The remotest island on Earth! I have to share this!

Default Re: Tristao da Cunha - The remotest island on Earth! I have to share this!

actually it is Tristan da Cunha.

Default Re: Tristao da Cunha - The remotest island on Earth! I have to share this!

oh la la lobsters cheaper than baked beans?
    definitely a good place to chill out .. thanks for sharing
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo
    I wonder if S'pore had not sold Christmas Island to the Aussies, how different things might be for us. Maybe that would have been our equivelent of Tristao?

we only "technically" sold Christmas Island. in reality Christmas Island was placed under the administration of the Straits Settlements and then the Crown Colony of Singapore (after Malaya was formed). Upon us joining Malaysia (or was it when we were given self-rule) the island was transfered to be administered by the Commonwealth of Australia which until today still recognises the Queen of England as soverign.

just so we don't think the Marshall goverment (I think it was during the Marshall government, or perhaps it was LYH) short-changed ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    we only "technically" sold Christmas Island. in reality Christmas Island was placed under the administration of the Straits Settlements and then the Crown Colony of Singapore (after Malaya was formed). Upon us joining Malaysia (or was it when we were given self-rule) the island was transfered to be administered by the Commonwealth of Australia which until today still recognises the Queen of England as soverign.

just so we don't think the Marshall goverment (I think it was during the Marshall government, or perhaps it was LYH) short-changed ourselves.
    That's interesting. I never knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo
    That's interesting. I never knew that.

its just like we "bought" all those british barracks for $1 each (you can see the framed $1 note in the CO office of many units). technically the british army "owns" the barracks, but they are returning it along with all the infrastructures and built-ups, so officially there is a transaction of buying-over for a token sum.

Eh, if Singapore still owns Christmas Island, I'll put my money (pun unintended) that it'll become THE Integrated Resort...

Quote Originally Posted by nuts
    Eh, if Singapore still owns Christmas Island, I'll put my money (pun unintended) that it'll become THE Integrated Resort...
    Nuts you should go to the most remote island in the world n take pictures hehe...

You'll love it i think

watched the photo series but how come no pictures of the inhabitants???

And the island is an active volcano. R U sure you guys want to RETIRE there?? holiday maybe can but RETIRE

Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    Nuts you should go to the most remote island in the world n take pictures hehe...

You'll love it i think
    Going to the ulu island and taking photos is one thing. But to discover things which ppl never knew existed is gonna be 1 experience of a life time!
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    actually it is Tristan da Cunha.
    Hey you are right! i just realized lonelyplanet has corrected the typo!

Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    Hey you are right! i just realized lonelyplanet has corrected the typo!

be a stamp collector, you'd learn an amazing lots of strange things

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12