Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Any camera with ISO greater 6400, 12800?

  1. #1

    Default Any camera with ISO greater 6400, 12800?

    Is this technically possible?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Any camera with ISO greater 6400, 12800?

    Even the 3200 in most cameras is actually done using software in-camera on the RAW data, so I would guess that 6400, 12800, etc would be possible in the same way. The question would be - why would you want to - you can achieve the same result during conversion.
    sk.images, ex - cyber_m0nkey

  3. #3

    Default Re: Any camera with ISO greater 6400, 12800?

    imo, technologically... it's not impossible... in fact i'm expecting something beyond that in a decade to come.. reason could be the scene of commercial giants battling for more improved ccd/cmos, software, that keeps the pace of invention going steadily....

  4. #4

    Default Re: Any camera with ISO greater 6400, 12800?

    Quote Originally Posted by cyber_m0nkey
    Even the 3200 in most cameras is actually done using software in-camera on the RAW data, so I would guess that 6400, 12800, etc would be possible in the same way. The question would be - why would you want to - you can achieve the same result during conversion.
    ISO sensitivity is not done in-camera by means of RAW data.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    464

    Default Re: Any camera with ISO greater 6400, 12800?

    Maybe those camera use by the spy have this technology; who knows?

    Something like a pocket camera that's so small and can take photos of confidential documents without utilising flash in those spy movies.
    Last edited by Moonstone; 21st April 2006 at 10:37 AM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Any camera with ISO greater 6400, 12800?

    It is actually possible now if you use film. Ilford delta 3200 can be pushed to iso12800. People do this to achieve the high contrast B&W effect. Ie, the photographs consist mainly black or white. Grey is not very much included. Correct me if i am wrong.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    www.whltelightphotographer.com
    Posts
    1,834

    Default Re: Any camera with ISO greater 6400, 12800?

    Ya film camera even have ISO 12800 for metering. For example Canon A1

  8. #8

    Default Re: Any camera with ISO greater 6400, 12800?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone
    Maybe those camera use by the spy have this technology; who knows?

    Something like a pocket camera that's so small and can take photos of confidential documents without utilising flash in those spy movies.
    They use lithographic film, which means that sensitivity may be there but it's just black or white, nothing in between.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Any camera with ISO greater 6400, 12800?

    Quote Originally Posted by michhy
    ISO sensitivity is not done in-camera by means of RAW data.
    True for normal ISO sensitivity but he was referring to 3200 and in particular the Canon's DSLRs like 20D.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •