Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: Photo & Imaging Asia 2003

  1. #21

    Default

    Ok as promised I've uploaded the file to my website. Can get it here. The zip file contains the spreadsheet i was emailed by the organisers.

    The dates in the spreadsheet have the wrong month. Have emailed them about it.

  2. #22

    Default

    Hmm....
    I'm not sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me when i read of this particular page, but I do seem to remember that Steve McCurry would have a opening speech at the Imaging Exhibition or something like that..

    I think I must have been dreaming when I read about that.

    Hmm.. presentation by Sigma - perhaps a demostration of their SD-10 perhaps?

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Daniel from Eastgear is making 3 presentations!!!

  4. #24
    Member kiama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    .SG
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Time of Event:
    (First Day) - 1100 - 2000
    (Other Days)- 1100 - 2000
    (Last Day) - 1100 - 1800

    BE THERE OR BE


  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    Daniel from Eastgear is making 3 presentations!!!

    I wonder if there will be any discounts for Sanyo batteries or something... Read in the papers that they are one of the sponsors for the exhibiton.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    nowhere... juz a random stray.
    Posts
    2,227

    Default

    wat time does the exhibition end on sunday?
    do we need to register for the exhibition?

  7. #27
    Member matoriv's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyy
    wat time does the exhibition end on sunday?
    do we need to register for the exhibition?

    its free admission mah..
    so dun think need to register..

    but i wonder if anyone really knows if sanyo have any lobangs during e fair?

    anyone being to it yet?
    this is e 1st day..
    D700 / 14-24 f2.8 / 24-70 f2.8
    D80 / 17-50 f2.8 / 70-300 f3.5-5.6 / 80-200 f2.8

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matoriv
    its free admission mah..
    so dun think need to register..

    but i wonder if anyone really knows if sanyo have any lobangs during e fair?

    anyone being to it yet?
    this is e 1st day..
    they do... 4 x sanyo 2100mAh for $12, with batt. case.
    at EastGear booth B08.

  9. #29
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiama
    Time of Event:
    (First Day) - 1100 - 2000
    (Other Days)- 1100 - 2000
    (Last Day) - 1100 - 1800

    BE THERE OR BE

    wrong la.
    13th Dec - up to 9pm
    14th Dec - up to 8pm

    was pretty fun, checking out the machine gun called d2h. pretty impressive!

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foggie
    they do... 4 x sanyo 2100mAh for $12, with batt. case.
    at EastGear booth B08.
    i got everything minus batt case for $12 from AP...

    gogogo... me wanna go suntect too

  11. #31

    Lightbulb Ladies' shootout of Photo Imaging

    There were 'pure fun' shootouts of booth promoters of Nikon and Epson while I was there. The ladies were cooperative and alluring. Nikon's ladies were having a good time doing group poses of 4 for photographers. Espon had a studio step-up constructed, with lady/ladies straddling, at times, on a stationary motorcycle and posing for a photographer named Derrick.... . Shots taken were projected on a screen for all to see. However, everyone with a camera were 'wildly' shooting at the ladies. Few, if any, were looking at the screen. Bravo to Epson for innovative approaches to drawing publicity at their booth. Canon's was relatively 'quiet'.

    It appeared that the photographers were having a good time. Thanks to Nikon and Epson. I appreciate that the ladies were cooperative and smiling. I admit that it is not easy to keep up smiles for long duration.

  12. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    There were 'pure fun' shootouts of booth promoters of Nikon and Epson while I was there. The ladies were cooperative and alluring. Nikon's ladies were having a good time doing group poses of 4 for photographers. Espon had a studio step-up constructed, with lady/ladies straddling, at times, on a stationary motorcycle and posing for a photographer named Derrick.... . Shots taken were projected on a screen for all to see. However, everyone with a camera were 'wildly' shooting at the ladies. Few, if any, were looking at the screen. Bravo to Epson for innovative approaches to drawing publicity at their booth. Canon's was relatively 'quiet'.

    It appeared that the photographers were having a good time. Thanks to Nikon and Epson. I appreciate that the ladies were cooperative and smiling. I admit that it is not easy to keep up smiles for long duration.
    Oh boy......

  13. #33

    Default

    Managed to catch the last hours of the exhibition. Wasn't very big scale, but what was most interesting (that was free) was the photo exhibitions. Seeing the old days of S'pore really made me realise the changes to the nation's people and lifestyle over the years. Most of them, in fact, made me smile and break out into a grin. There were others that were a bit more grim and reflected the fragility of life. And for $10, you get to buy the book containing the photos displayed. Pretty good as a coffeetable book.

    As for the models at the different booths...did anyone mention Sony? They had a full-time stage with the model 'entertaining' the photographers with all the backdrop and studio lights. Cool...it's also my first attempt photographing strangers and the models really made the experience very comfortable and enjoyable by posing willingly for the shots.

    There was an SD10 on display, but the saleperson at the Sigma booth was not being very friendly (maybe it's my dressing or that I am not an ang moh that looks rich) and didn't even manage to try out the camera much. Same with the Olympus E1 booth--but it was pretty crowded with people trying out the E1 so I backed off. By the time the booth cooled down the salesperson was yaking on his mobilephone.

    Was looking for a new lens so was looking at the Sigma and the Tamron (Tithes Marketing) booths. The guy at the Tamron booth (known as "Kai") was very helpful, knowledgable and made very good representations of what I'm looking for, even though I was there trying out the different lenses and playing with the Contax DSLR. He was also showing me the different pictures they took with the lenses, so I treat that as practical field tests of the lenses. They themselves are photographers and so that made me feel very comfortable about their recommendations.

    I came out from the exhibition 2+ hours with a book, a new lens, and quite a bit of fun!

  14. #34
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    sony's booth was very snappy-friendly too. i like the way that there is a barrier to prevent overcrowding of photographers.

    models-wise, i must commend those from sony and canon. those at canon were mainly regular faces, so it was pretty easy to ask for shots. the sony girls were very at ease with a big mama lens aimed at them

    ah pao, which new lens?
    Last edited by sehsuan; 14th December 2003 at 11:49 PM.

  15. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    ah pao, which new lens?
    I got the Tamron 24-135mm. I was contemplating the Sigma 28-135mm but it was way out of my budget. The Tamron was selling slightly more expensive than what I was quoted from CP, but given the fact I was there and the ethusiasm I caught from the salesperson I can't but just get the lens.

    I can't comment on the quality of the glass because I've got to see the verdict for myself on the negatives. Nevertheless, it feels solid--as many other reviews given to this lens, it's "built like a tank". So heavy that it topples my EOS 300. But am glad that I can at last keep the Canon kit lens as a backup.

    Used the lens to shoot the models, so maybe when I develop the negs I'll post them up here, if the flash holds up.

  16. #36

    Default

    Saw the sample of the up and coming Tamron 17-35 lens and it is great !!!! Very light, but unfortunely unable to test it out as they do not have the canon version there. ...... The build is metalic looking, but they used composite to make the body.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •