Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is model photoshooting a "dirty" hobby?

Default Re: Is model photoshooting a "dirty" hobby?

not to shoot or flame.... but i guess the organised just felt that its a good idea to "tap" into this lucrative business of the "men's lust"

well...

if one takes it artistically. its a form of ART
    but if one takes it otherwise.. its no longer a form of art but a twisted form of mentality.

anyway like all business theories. if theres demand theres supply...

if there is a demand for them. pple will always be willing to supply... and its good $ foor theem so why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Wow, if photo shoot model is dirty, then organize photo shoot must be more dirty...
    Only dirty-minded man knows about the dirty mind of another man?

I think the organizers are in it for the money not for the "dirty" factor.

Quote Originally Posted by solarii
    ......to be a public figure you can't be going for bikini shoots and stuff like that. An MP has to maintain decorum... you can't be seen as part of the paparazzi now can you?
    then if such a "clean" activity is not considered as to "maintain decorum" ... then in the eyes of the masses, can it be concluded that it is a "not clean" activity?
    I dont know about the future generation of leaders (the post '65), but the older gen of leaders definately felt that such activities are "not clean" ..... Maybe we dont talk about MP level, maybe juz say like senior or responsible posts, like school principal, junior judge, police inspector, etc...
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    then if such a "clean" activity is not considered as to "maintain decorum" ... then in the eyes of the masses, can it be concluded that it is a "not clean" activity?
    I dont know about the future generation of leaders (the post '65), but the older gen of leaders definately felt that such activities are "not clean" ..... Maybe we dont talk about MP level, maybe juz say like senior or responsible posts, like school principal, junior judge, police inspector, etc...
    you talking about what type of model? sounds like you referring to nude model and not the generic type.

A lot of older generation of Asian leaders would want the photo shoot models wearing a towel over their heads and two holes for the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    you talking about what type of model? sounds like you referring to nude model and not the generic type.
    usually targeted at "high-end" model shoots lo... it depends alot.. different level of modelling also..

but the recent outburst of nudity/swimsuit workshops and photosessions do prove to be a worrying factor for the younger shooters.

many older csers have spoken to me about this issue also. and i am surprised someone took another approach by saying its "dirty"

but why not think about the younger shooters? why not shall i put in this way that instead of dirtying them.. their minds have been defiled ?

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    usually targeted at "high-end" model shoots lo... it depends alot.. different level of modelling also..

but the recent outburst of nudity/swimsuit workshops and photosessions do prove to be a worrying factor for the younger shooters.

many older csers have spoken to me about this issue also. and i am surprised someone took another approach by saying its "dirty"

but why not think about the younger shooters? why not shall i put in this way that instead of dirtying them.. their minds have been defiled ?
    i noticed that trend too...and some posts like testing the boundaries.

Back in 2003, when I organized my first Astin Model Photoshoot, it was like a secret society gathering, haha, a few of us gathered in a small coffee shop, went through the model photos and chose the model together, agreed on the final selection, then collected money and everyone disappeared within minutes like we never met before...
    How time has changed now...

Back in 2003, when I organized my first Astin Model Photoshoot, it was like a secret society gathering, haha, a few of us gathered in a small coffee shop, went through the model photos and chose the model together, agreed on the final selection, then collected money and everyone disappeared within minutes like we never met before...
    I believe that was probably just a casual dress shoot, or maybe a swimsuit shoot ....
    so just probably 2 yrs ago, that activity was then a "dirty" activity(by dirty, plse be open-minded, it's juz another word for maybe "unhealthy", "not so acceptable", etc..). How about in the next few years, can our society accept that such activites are healthy past-times? I hope so......

As far as I known off, models shooting was already taken place during the late 80' ..

That time most outings was organised by photographic society and every1 come out with 3-5 dollars to pay the models and transportation .. mass orgy u called it .. iirc

As years goes by .. seeing that the trends has slow down to 3-8 photog per model shoot or even 1 to 1 shoot ..

Probably as our society changes, our values also changes accordingly .. and we can affort to pay models with less ppl shooting ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    As far as I known off, models shooting was already taken place during the late 80' ..

That time most outings was organised by photographic society and every1 come out with 3-5 dollars to pay the models and transportation .. mass orgy u called it .. iirc

As years goes by .. seeing that the trends has slow down to 3-8 photog per model shoot or even 1 to 1 shoot ..

Probably as our society changes, our values also changes accordingly .. and we can affort to pay models with less ppl shooting ...
    yup, and also can even pay more, dress lesser...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    yup, and also can even pay more, dress lesser...
    the floodgate is already opened .. more will come along the way ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    the floodgate is already opened .. more will come along the way ..
    Who is holding the key to the floodgate?
    Will it ever be shut or half-open again?

I believe that was probably just a casual dress shoot, or maybe a swimsuit shoot ....
    so just probably 2 yrs ago, that activity was then a "dirty" activity(by dirty, plse be open-minded, it's juz another word for maybe "unhealthy", "not so acceptable", etc..). How about in the next few years, can our society accept that such activites are healthy past-times? I hope so......
    Shooting models is definitely more healthy activity than shooting insects or sunrise, at least u have enough sleep before u shoot.

Shooting models is definitely more healthy activity than shooting insects or sunrise, at least u have enough sleep before u shoot.
    mayb some cant sleep thinking of d shoot?

anyway, model shoots got ratings like NC16, M18 or R21?

got ID check at entrance?

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz

u din list G & PG13?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

mayb some cant sleep thinking of d shoot?
    Then, shoot more la. It will then become sort of routine, like bread and butter and your shooting skills is like well-greased cogs.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Compare what you did 3 years ago with what Bobman has come back with all his "artistic" model shoots plus other themes thrown in as well. Bobman is the uncontested "King of Nudes"

And then, we have models advertising to pose nude as well.

Well, we have RA movies for the AhPeks, "artistic" shoots for photogs, Maxim and FHM for the buayas, but Playboy still haven't arrived yet. Maybe, we try to avoid what we see in Indonesia.

My answer is that it is not readily accepted. For example, I just cannot print an 8R picture of a model I shot in lingerie and pin it up in my office and for that matter not at home either. BTW, how many of you feel comfortable to pin up such pic?

However, some calendars with almost nude models are readily accepted to be pined up in the office.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Are u referring to the model? or the photographer? or the organizer?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast