Thread: White Mirror

Default White Mirror

In a province in thailand, had a small lake right smack middle of some mountains, with what i guess is a black swan in it. Tweaked the levels in photoshop to burn out the highlights from the water around the swan.

if my camera is there at the right moment, click, all I have to do is accept it.
    -edouard boubat

Default Re: White Mirror

was there anything else in the water or on the surface? ripples?

the orginal didn't have much going on around the entire scene.. just a tiny hint of ripples, and some really uninteresting shadows from a tree branch above, nothing that could really help in the composition. to salvage what little i had left, i decided to go for a more 'minimalist' approach if you can call it that.
    if my camera is there at the right moment, click, all I have to do is accept it.
    -edouard boubat

Quote Originally Posted by Patryk
    the orginal didn't have much going on around the entire scene.. just a tiny hint of ripples, and some really uninteresting shadows from a tree branch above, nothing that could really help in the composition. to salvage what little i had left, i decided to go for a more 'minimalist' approach if you can call it that.
    well. certainly brings across foreboding & sombre. colour, subject exiting, contrast.

'salvage'... such an ugly word. hah. photographers should never admit to salvaging.