Thread: The scene that greets me @ work

Default The scene that greets me @ work

Appreciate your critiques for improving ...

Last edited by Leinaj; 20th April 2006 at 09:08 AM.

Default Re: The scene that greets me @ work

bro,

in fourm, users requested just to post one picture/week..

IMO -

if you want to shoot the silhouette with this beautiful blue sky you have, I felt you should keep it simple.

by the way, have you notice your corners in this pic?? there are slight Vignetting in this pic..
    Open My Eyes That I May See Wonderful Things In Your Law - Psalms 119:18
    Through My Len

Quote Originally Posted by 29tim05
    bro,

in fourm, users requested just to post one picture/week..

IMO -

if you want to shoot the silhouette with this beautiful blue sky you have, I felt you should keep it simple.

by the way, have you notice your corners in this pic?? there are slight Vignetting in this pic..
    Tim

Thanks for the tinkle Will note your advise when I do the re-shoot. Appreciated

very nice colours, i like this. however the left side ends rather abruptly as the clouds seem to taper to a point that has been cut off, imho.
    Many are culled, few are chosen

The colours are very nice - I think you deserve a praise for being able to spot the light at the correct time.

Shucks. I don't know how to give you points of improvement...the sillouetted ground looks like an afterthought to the composition, since it doesn't really add to the picture. Then again, if you leave it out, the pic will look empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Happy
    very nice colours, i like this. however the left side ends rather abruptly as the clouds seem to taper to a point that has been cut off, imho.

Thanks for your observation and feedback, indeed it does, actually did a pan shot with intend to stich them together but failed terribly, skills not good enuuf :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao
    The colours are very nice - I think you deserve a praise for being able to spot the light at the correct time.

Shucks. I don't know how to give you points of improvement...the sillouetted ground looks like an afterthought to the composition, since it doesn't really add to the picture. Then again, if you leave it out, the pic will look empty.
    Melvin, gee thanks. I understand what ya mean, its like neither here nor there, guess if there isnt a roof below me obstructing, and I bring in a little more should do the trick, I must try harder next time. Thanks bro

wow. looks like fire in the sky,

nice colours

Quote Originally Posted by kentay
    wow. looks like fire in the sky,

nice colours
    Ken, now that u mentioned ... quite true ... fire in the sky

This is weird. To get colors in those red in those high level clouds requires the sun to be near or below the horizon. But it seems to me the sun is at the right middle portion (the blown out areas). But then again, looking at the twilight in the horizon, the sun should be below the horizon? What time did you capture this scene?

Quote Originally Posted by wong1979
    This is weird. To get colors in those red in those high level clouds requires the sun to be near or below the horizon. But it seems to me the sun is at the right middle portion (the blown out areas). But then again, looking at the twilight in the horizon, the sun should be below the horizon? What time did you capture this scene?

Sunset at my work place occasionally get into this mood. Its about 6.30 pm

very good analysis by you. It was taken from the 3rd level of my building ..perhaps that helps

Also, I notice 3 cranes that looks identical,staggered. Is it really 3 cranes or you merge 3 fotos?

hey dude...

like the colours though I'd prefer it to be slightly brighter

Quote Originally Posted by wong1979
    Also, I notice 3 cranes that looks identical,staggered. Is it really 3 cranes or you merge 3 fotos?
    There are really 3 cranes. Little touch-up done to this pic

Quote Originally Posted by zha
    hey dude...

like the colours though I'd prefer it to be slightly brighter
    Agree, when viewed on my lappie, it was bright. Must be the settings .. thanks for your observational feedback