Thread: Tutorial on recovering lost photos?

Default Tutorial on recovering lost photos?

Hi,

I'm planning on writing a tutorial about recovering deleted or formatted photos (using RecoverPlus Pro in particular).

Would the community appreciate such an article?

Default Re: Tutorial on recovering lost photos?

What would the difference be between your tutorial and the documentation included with the packages ?

Well, my tutorial would be more like a step-by-step guide on how to recover photos (with screenshots highlighting the important actions), and less like a description of each and every button and menu label.

My idea is to give a detailed and easy to follow explanation of the main scenario with the more advanced functions explained shortly at the end as tips how to achieve specific tasks.

Is it OK to post such an article here?

That will be good if you're happy to spend the time and effort doing it. The only thing, I guess, is that it's probably specific to the package that you're going to be using (as you had highlighted in your initial post).

Perhaps if you made the tutorial a bit more generic, it may be more useful. Then your readers can apply the concepts to whatever tool they have on hand, either free or commercial ones.

Quote Originally Posted by lighter
    Hi,

I'm planning on writing a tutorial about recovering deleted or formatted photos (using RecoverPlus Pro in particular).

Would the community appreciate such an article?
    Just do it. The community will be greatful. Or you can spend the X amount time, the time you were going to use to write the tutorial, to get feedback, input, suggestion etc etc.

Do it, publish it, we will thank you.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

yes, just do it. think everyone here will appreciate your great effort.

I've lost all my photos when my harddisk died suddenly last year. I knew the hassle & pain in retrieving it. If there is a tutorial teaching us how to recover it, it'll be a great help.

cheers

Go ahead
    even though you copy or not, it's always helpful for others.
    good effort.

10x for the support, I'll be posting the guide soon.