Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ni-MH battery charger?

Default Re: Ni-MH battery charger?

Quote Originally Posted by Canew
    But it has been mentioned many a times that the KONNOC does not fully charge the 2500 mAh batteries... Care to comment on this, Triton?
    Thought i perform a very un-scientific test to answer this question...

I took a pair of 'very-long-never-use' 1600mAh AA NiMH batts. Put one into the Konnoc and the other one into the Maha. I set the Maha to FAST mode as the Konnoc does not have any Slow mode. Both took about about the same time to fully charge (i.e. Maha green LED lit up and Konnoc LCD panel stops flashing). The Maha was maybe about 5 to 10 mins faster. BUT this may be due to higher residual power left in that particular batt, so not too conclusive.

Now comes the interesting part - I swop these "fully charged" batts around and re-charged them on the other charger to see even I could squeeze more juice into them (OK i know, i know - the question was about 2500 mAh and not 1600 mAh. I so happened wanted to charge the pair of 1600's today maybe next time can test with higher cap.. like 2500).

From the 2nd charging I found out that both batts still can charge for another 10~15 mins on their reciprocal charger. So what does that tells us ??

As someone here mentioned that fast charge will never acheive 100% charge, so if u want fast charge prepare for some performance penalty. But sometimes we really do need SPEED and fast/rapid charger is the only way to go. Therefore if u want the best of both world, Maha is the way to go.
    Last edited by Triton; 22nd April 2006 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triton

I took a pair of 'very-long-never-use' 1600mAh AA NiMH batts. Put one into the Konnoc and the other one into the Maha. I set the Maha to FAST mode as the Konnoc does not have any Slow mode. Both took about about the same time to fully charge (i.e. Maha green LED lit up and Konnoc LCD panel stops flashing). The Maha was maybe about 5 to 10 mins faster. BUT this may be due to higher residual power left in that particular batt, so not too conclusive.

Now comes the interesting part - I swop these "fully charged" batts around and re-charged them on the other charger to see even I could squeeze more juice into them (OK i know, i know - the question was about 2500 mAh and not 1600 mAh. I so happened wanted to charge the pair of 1600's today maybe next time can test with higher cap.. like 2500).

From the 2nd charging I found out that both batts still can charge for another 10~15 mins on their reciprocal charger. So what does that tells us ??

As someone here mentioned that fast charge will never acheive 100% charge, so if u want fast charge prepare for some performance penalty. But sometimes we really do need SPEED and fast/rapid charger is the only way to go. Therefore if u want the best of both world, Maha is the way to go.
    Thanks for sharing, Triton.

Quote Originally Posted by Triton

then I guess I'll go with the MAHA.. because ya man, we'll never know when we need to charge fast!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12