Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which lens to get for D50?

Default Re: Which lens to get for D50?

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ
    sigma focusing sldn't be that bad since it have HSM... might be slower than swm but definitely faster than af-d imo. the only sad thing is coat peeling
    True sad thing is the peeling problem but it is still a value for money len.

Quote Originally Posted by Reno
    get the nikon AF-D 80-200/F2.8, AF-S 80-200/F2.8 or AF-S 70-200/ F2.8 VR... you won't go wrong. There are a couple of AF-D 80-200/F2.8 and a AF-S 80-200/F2.8 for sale in the B&S thread. So go take a look. The speed, built and image quality is very good for 3 lens. AF-D is a bit slower as than the 2. The nikon price is higher but it is only a one time investment and you won't regret getting either one of them. Take your time to go throught and dun rush into buying.

I am selling off my AF-D 80-200mm/F2.8 in the B&S threa. Let me know if you are interested...
    im considering AD-D 80-200 F2.8 as well.. but i was thinking will the weight of it be a hindrance to carry it around? Since i think i will be moving around quite alot if shoot soccer.

Wats your reason for selling?

Quote Originally Posted by sound-of-rev
    im considering AD-D 80-200 F2.8 as well.. but i was thinking will the weight of it be a hindrance to carry it around? Since i think i will be moving around quite alot if shoot soccer.

Wats your reason for selling?
    Well.... got the AF-S 70-200/F2.8 VR on impulse.... if you ask me which to sell.. of course i am selling the AF-D 80-200/F2.8.

Well.... since you are using it more often to shoot soccer. you only bring to the soccer field only right? I think the weight is ok since you are not walking around the whole day with the lens. The lens is around 1.4- 1.5kg... with a monopod... it will aid you alot in shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie
    True sad thing is the peeling problem but it is still a value for money len.
    care to elaborate whats this peeling problem is? and how significant it is to the performance of the lens?

Quote Originally Posted by sound-of-rev
    care to elaborate whats this peeling problem is? and how significant it is to the performance of the lens?
    The paint coating will start to peel after a year or 2. Mine is gaffer so i dont know. I dare not take away the gaffer tape. Rest assured that the slight peeling will not affect the performance of the len at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12