Thread: Sony F707 - to keep or upgrade?

Default Sony F707 - to keep or upgrade?

Hi ppl.

I'm currently using a Sony F707. I'm happy with it, but I'm really tempted to get a new digicam because there are some newer digicams with really 'exciting' new features.
    I would like to ask for opinions whether I should continue to use this camera, or to change.

I have a few new digicams in mind:
    1. Nikon 5700
    2. Canon G3
    3. Sony F717

Thanks!

I think the more natural progression would be to a DSLR. For the rest, the improvement is quite small and very incremental (some of theese cameras also come with their own cons). If you have the money, well, go ahead!
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

don't change, keep your 707. You'll find that the depreciation is not worth the slight improvements.

No point going for another prosumer camera. Go for DSLR!!!!

I think the more natural progression would be to a DSLR. For the rest, the improvement is quite small and very incremental (some of theese cameras also come with their own cons). If you have the money, well, go ahead!
    don't change, keep your 707. You'll find that the depreciation is not worth the slight improvements.
    No point going for another prosumer camera. Go for DSLR!!!!
    Hi. Can't agree more. Infact you have all the cameras that i once wanted to consider buying. But I know the same itch will happen to me, so i stop myself from spending on a prosumer DC, instead i am currently saving up on a DSLR. And starting to consider building up the lens for the DSLR, which is also usable on my film SLR.

Save the money for an S2Pro