Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AU Jardine...Anyone been?

Default Re: AU Jardine...Anyone been?

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    actually my favourite restaurant is Club Chinois when Susur Lee was helming. Again I'm not sure who was doing the cooking haha but Susur was definitely there with his ponytail.
    I just met Susur today. Shot his food creation and himself too. Very down to earth guy! Still has his famous pony tail. He will be in town until end April. He will be dishing up his usual with his partner Chef James from Toronto at Club Chinois again. Lunch is $80+++ and Dinner is $120+++ Don't miss this chance as he will not be back for another few years.....

Quote Originally Posted by nonchann
    I agree with you on that! After both justin and Iggy(ignatius) left, things were never really the same at Les Amis. Only Au Jardin has stayed true to the cause of giving good service!

There are some other places that you can try for the same amount as well,but it won't be as romantic as Au Jardin I feel. Saint Julien comes in a close second followed by Saint Pierres(*note both Saint- Restaurants are not related in any ways).And maybe Raffles grill at Raffles Hotel too.
    Saint Julien? Nah.....not worth it at all.

Saint Pierre (Chef in Black) with Chef Emmanuel Stroobant? YES!!!! With his newly dish up 25 course called "Explore the Senses- Molecular Gastronomy Dinner" One of the best dinner I have had in a long time. $288+++ per head but WORTH every single cent!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    Worth it, every penny. Only restuarant in Singapore that is worth the ransome that you will have to pay. If you don't drink, the damage is quite managable, but you will be missing alot. By the way, Au Jardin's service is the absolute best in Singapore.

Food at Au Jardin is perhaps the only Les Amis restuarant that maintained its standard. Les Amis at Shaw Center, I won't pay a penny to eat there. Food actually is ok, but the service sucks.
    Yeah the Shaw Centre service is not up to their usual standard anymore but food is good as Chef Gunther is one of the most sought out chef in Singapore. His dish not only looks good but taste brilliant! With Randy See as the wine sommelier, his pairing for wine goes well with the food that you consume.

no lah the one in the gardens lah, never been to les amis in town as I'm not really high on french food. we didn't have the window seat though as there were seven of us. do note that $300+ per head is because we had champagne, white, red and if I recall correctly, brandy at the end.
    I guess he (Justin) was there to help out at Au Jardin. Usually Chef Galvin (the resident chef) will be there. In fact I think he has been there since day 1.

Dormant

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat
    I agreed it is worth every penny. Been there last yr after a CSer help me . Ur other half will not forget the romantic and the food.
    WELL definitely will be remembered by 3 parties, MY FRIEND may never forget the ambience (as it cannot be romantic) and the food.........and the old man's WIFE will never forget the betrayal and bill (now that she found out) .....and the old man can never forget he lost another wife, his hard-and-yet-to-earn money, and after all the investment, he never get to hold even my friend's finger.

AND.........I like CANONISED's
    "Success is to obtain whatever you want. Happiness is to love whatever you got."
    Do you structured it? It tells man to be contended but not complacent......very intelligent!

WKM

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    I just met Susur today. Shot his food creation and himself too. Very down to earth guy! Still has his famous pony tail. He will be in town until end April. He will be dishing up his usual with his partner Chef James from Toronto at Club Chinois again. Lunch is $80+++ and Dinner is $120+++ Don't miss this chance as he will not be back for another few years.....
    hey! do you know when he will leave and if he is actually doing the cooking? I always liked Club Chinois as a business lunch place as the decor is funky chinese style (I mean which chinese restaurant plays jazzy muzak?) although the service staff is rather stiff.

They used to have a tasting menu for something like $50++? very interesting and intriguing.

Saint Julien? Nah.....not worth it at all.

Saint Pierre (Chef in Black) with Chef Emmanuel Stroobant? YES!!!! With his newly dish up 25 course called "Explore the Senses- Molecular Gastronomy Dinner" One of the best dinner I have had in a long time. $288+++ per head but WORTH every single cent!

wow! you are quite a food conniseur too hur?? nice to meet fellow foodies here.hehe.YEah, not only Chef Emmanuel cooks good, he looks good to.hahaha. so, don't bring your gf there!haha.just kidding.

i like to bring my dslr for my meals, gives them a lil more pressure to deliver.haha....and of course to take nice photos of my meal.=p There were a few time that restuarants thought i was some reviewer so they wanted to give me a treat.haha.it's quite fun!

hey! do you know when he will leave and if he is actually doing the cooking? I always liked Club Chinois as a business lunch place as the decor is funky chinese style (I mean which chinese restaurant plays jazzy muzak?) although the service staff is rather stiff.

They used to have a tasting menu for something like $50++? very interesting and intriguing.
    Ahh.....he will be here until this Saturday. And yes he will be cooking as well.

Ahh.....he will be here until this Saturday. And yes he will be cooking as well.

mmm… have to convince the wife to go. you know, before marriage they enjoy being taken to nice dinners (but I can't afford). after marriage, I can afford, but they don't want to spend too much of THEIR money.

mmm… have to convince the wife to go. you know, before marriage they enjoy being taken to nice dinners (but I can't afford). after marriage, I can afford, but they don't want to spend too much of THEIR money.
    yeah, should not be a problem lar. he only comes once is every few years......so grab this chance or maybe go out with your mistress lar.....

mistress cannot afford, will check gerfrens schedules

juz remember to call any make reservation for seats that is at the side, or adjacent to the main center stting area. if no reservation, the seats you might get is near the staircase or main entrance area, which is quite irritating. best seats i find are those at the side with beautiful lush tress scenary, if you are there during evening time.
    Games of Thrones.....

Dormant

My GOD! what sort of husband are you!!!!!!!! ...........my husband-to-be will never dare to mention the good place to me, leave alone convincing me........ please, i beg you ONE thing......DON'T EVER THOUGHT OF BRING ANYBODY ELSE EXCEPT YOUR WIFE (now that you're married to her).........if she wants to save your money, but you wish to give a a SURPRISE..........BLIND-FOLD her ......otherwise "KIDNAP" her to this wonderful place .........wishing you and your wife eternity of love.

wow! I tell you what. Pro Image and I will very gladly let YOU blind-fold us and bring us to that wonderful place. As a bonus we wouldn't even require you to marry us. how's that?

wow! I tell you what. Pro Image and I will very gladly let YOU blind-fold us and bring us to that wonderful place. As a bonus we wouldn't even require you to marry us. how's that?
    remember to wipe your mouths clean after the meal! and at least get to hold her finger .....
    enjoy while you can but dont forget this lesson, brudder ....

Quote Originally Posted by WKM
    WELL definitely will be remembered by 3 parties, MY FRIEND may never forget the ambience (as it cannot be romantic) and the food.........and the old man's WIFE will never forget the betrayal and bill (now that she found out) .....and the old man can never forget he lost another wife, his hard-and-yet-to-earn money, and after all the investment, he never get to hold even my friend's finger.

AND.........I like CANONISED's
    "Success is to obtain whatever you want. Happiness is to love whatever you got."
    Do you structured it? It tells man to be contended but not complacent......very intelligent!

WKM
    Last edited by Canonised; 20th April 2006 at 04:49 PM.
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    enjoy while you can but dont forget this lesson, brudder ....
    remember to wipe your mouths clean after the meal!
    heehee *note to self, and not to forget ProImage* make dental appointment to remove all trace of evidence.

ok ok very OT already hor.

wait a minute, we're the ones being blind-folded, so we'll let her hold our fingers. I think that's OK lah, just the pinky.
    Last edited by hwchoy; 20th April 2006 at 04:50 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12