Thread: Which Bag to get?

Default Which Bag to get?

hi guys..tried saerching..but the search function cant search the word..bags. too general?

well anyway, i cant decide whcih bag to get to place my stuff.. lemme tell u what i have and do.

i have a 350D wif batt grip + 430ex + 50mm f1.8 + 28-135mm+ tamron 90mm+ 1.4tc+ 70-200mm+ kit lens. have to also consider my tripod. the benro CF + ball head.

juz sold off my slingshot 200. think very soon cannot fit in my stuff.. am thinkin of getting 1 more 24-70mm and 100-400mm.

what bag should i go for? coz i like to go for hikes and shoot nature.so preferably got space for water bottles, clothes, notes etc. the lowerpro trekker series is appealing, but seems like no place for other stuff? compurover etc is big enuff, but no place for all the lenses rite? so how? hahaha .i have a crumpler 7million dollar home which i use for walkabouts.

please advise! thanks alot!

Default Re: Which Bag to get?

Pretty sure a MiniTrekker AW could fit all your equipment and the tripod straps onto the back. But there might not be space for clothes. If you buy a waterpack (the kind that people use on hikes), it may fit into the outer pocket of the backpack.

thanks fword..

Another thought is that you might not want to get a bag that is too big. It'll be nice to fit everything in it, but consider the times when you are going overseas and want to carry your fragile and expensive gear onto the plane with you. If the bag is too large it might not qualify as hand-carry luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by niki
    hi guys..tried saerching..but the search function cant search the word..bags. too general?

well anyway, i cant decide whcih bag to get to place my stuff.. lemme tell u what i have and do.

i have a 350D wif batt grip + 430ex + 50mm f1.8 + 28-135mm+ tamron 90mm+ 1.4tc+ 70-200mm+ kit lens. have to also consider my tripod. the benro CF + ball head.

juz sold off my slingshot 200. think very soon cannot fit in my stuff.. am thinkin of getting 1 more 24-70mm and 100-400mm.

what bag should i go for? coz i like to go for hikes and shoot nature.so preferably got space for water bottles, clothes, notes etc. the lowerpro trekker series is appealing, but seems like no place for other stuff? compurover etc is big enuff, but no place for all the lenses rite? so how? hahaha .i have a crumpler 7million dollar home which i use for walkabouts.

please advise! thanks alot!
    Think you need to decide if you are a hiker first, and a photographer second, or a photographer first, and a hiker second. In doing so, your priorities can be set, ie whether you will bring everything but the kitchen sink and go only on short hikes away from your car, or whether you travel with the bare photographic essentials but go for super long hikes (unlikely in Singapore).

If you are willing to cut down on some of the gear you are bringing (anyway I see lots of repetition in your focal lengths), then the lowepro orion trekker or rover series might be what you are looking for. They are both basically bags with 2 compartments: one upper normal bag compartment for your misc. stuff, and one lower photographic compartment for your gear. If you die die want to bring kitchen sink, then as somebody suggested, the mini trekker type of bag might be good for you, but then you will have to find some way to stuff your clothes/waterbottle outside the bag or inside one of the small compartments.

photog 1st.. haha

okie..thanks alot!