Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Singles above 35 still out there in CS?

Default Re: Any Singles above 35 still out there in CS?

Quote Originally Posted by Benign
    Just lately, thinking abt finding that special someone again, u know laaa........wanted to be trapped to be a family 'slave' so to speak. Then can feel the full brunt of responsibilities
    So many Australians has got mail-ordered brides from Phillipines what.

How troublesome it is to go to post-office to get a stamp and an envelope?

Deregistered

Is it a necessity to be married or feel bad that you're not married yet at 35?

Is it because of romance one gets married, or because of emptiness that one feels it's time to get married?

just wondering if taking up photography increases or decreases your chances of meeting that special someone. It seems, there are more males than females taking photography.

Quote Originally Posted by hanafi
    just wondering if taking up photography increases or decreases your chances of meeting that special someone. It seems, there are more males than females taking photography.
    I think it decreases your chances of meeting females because you concentrate too much on producing great shots and single-minded about it.

Even beautiful girls come and smile at you, you'll be too preoccupied with photography to smile back.

Look around you. Why so many CSers are married to Nikon, Canon or Leica etc rather than Cecilia, Felicity or Judy etc.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Is it a necessity to be married or feel bad that you're not married yet at 35?

Is it because of romance one gets married, or because of emptiness that one feels it's time to get married?
    I don't think there's anything to feel bad abt even if one is not married at the age of 35.

Personally, i have nothing against marriage. And i'm happy for my friends if they're happily married. Good for them, i say. However, it seems to me that there are many shallow ppl (not referring to espn but the general public) who feels that if one is not married by certain age (according to the expectations of this society), there is something wrong with him/her. Alamak....this is year 2006 already lah.....There are many singles who chose to be single and are enjoying their singlehood. I'm one of them. I'm just so tired of relationships. Maybe it's my character. I have a greater need for freedom.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Seng
    I don't think there's anything to feel bad abt even if one is not married at the age of 35.

Personally, i have nothing against marriage. And i'm happy for my friends if they're happily married. Good for them, i say. However, it seems to me that there are many shallow ppl (not referring to espn but the general public) who feels that if one is not married by certain age (according to the expectations of this society), there is something wrong with him/her. Alamak....this is year 2006 already lah.....There are many singles who chose to be single and are enjoying their singlehood. I'm one of them. I'm just so tired of relationships. Maybe it's my character. I have a greater need for freedom.
    Think you've mistaken me, I'm not one of those who feel that marriage must happen by hook/crook, I'm asking because I find myself agreeing with you that people are doing it for the sake of doing it (read: shallow?).

There are good and bad sides to both singlehood & attach-hood. However, doing it for the sake of doing it is not what I'd believe in in todays' context.

I do not feel bad being single at the age of 50, but just wondering if it's the 'market' trend to be necessarily hitched by 35.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Think you've mistaken me, I'm not one of those who feel that marriage must happen by hook/crook, I'm asking because I find myself agreeing with you that people are doing it for the sake of doing it (read: shallow?).
    Don't get me wrong dude, i don't mean to say that you're one of those.
    I merely quoted you to express my opinions. Cheers!

Or you can start organizing outings if you are bored! Single means very free, so go explore around Singapore la, den maybe you can discover something nice and share with all of us through OUTINGS!

maybe can drag on to past hundred outings then you'll feel a sense of achievement! because you are sharing with the community what you like and learn together!

For men no need to worry about GF. Sometime the older you get the more GF. Look at some of the 'Ah Peh' here. However, It helps to have a healthy wallet .

It's good to be single or to be married, depending on your calling in life. It is not a crime to be married or not. The institution of marriage, IMHO, was set up so that there is a lifelong commitment to someone you love. Love not as an emotion, but a spirit of giving up of self for the best interest of the other partner and vice versa.

So, if there is no one you are ready to pour out your love fully on, then don't get married lor. Set your live to do something that when you die, you die knowing that your short existence on earth has touched the people around you, no matter how small.

Having said that, I do look forward to marriage, although I still don't have anyone in mind yet. I'm not anxious, and I'm a young punk by standards here.

Put all your mind and body and spirit into making money. Then the girls will suddenly appear. That day I was just reading about Hugh Hefner, founder of Playboy. He just celebrated his 80th birthday and has 3 live-in Playmates, all under 30 and voluptuous blondes.

Men only want sex. And women want money. Don't flame me, pls. But that seems to be the underlying "problem" with the human species. If u figure out something better, then go become a monk and seek everlasting happiness without women (sex).

Men only want sex. And women want money. Don't flame me, pls. But that seems to be the underlying "problem" with the human species. If u figure out something better, then go become a monk and seek everlasting happiness without women (sex).

Oi, don't say I flame you hor......

Your papa want sex and your mama want money one si boh? In future your wife want your money too?

I know the world is heading to that direction. But it is nice to know the love factor still exists laa.....even for me, two years down the road. Miss the 'damned' factor laaa

Forgive me mate...... I guess it ain't pretty sitting in front of a pc while u know you could hugging and kissin someone.

Your papa want sex and your mama want money one si boh? In future your wife want your money too?

I know the world is heading to that direction. But it is nice to know the love factor still exists laa.....even for me, two years down the road. Miss the 'damned' factor laaa

Forgive me mate...... I guess it ain't pretty sitting in front of a pc while u know you could hugging and kissin someone.
    grass is always greener on the other side, dude. you see me contented, i see you happy. when youre single, you see those married or attached ones, you feel it's better to have someone around but when you're stuck with the wrong one, piak forhead man and you'll wish you're better off dead. and no, in case anyone is wondering, im not the latter though im amused why some people wished i'm divorced, cursing me behind my back and trying to find means & ways to tell me that im better off single. why they doing all these? beats me too

regardless youre single or attached, you're bound not to be 100% happy. you know the analogy of having hair? when you botak you dun need to fuss over hairstyle and shampoo or other stuffs, but when you've a headful of hair, you also feel vexed and balding also seems a natural course in life but you cant avoid it. wat talking me

ive witnessed people who wished they're single and can have the freedom to choose again and not plunge into the rship for the sake of it. after marriage, responsibilities set in instead of love. think again, marriage is for life.
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Actually all those huggy kissy romantic notions of love is stuff u see in the movies. And the young kids are just imitating what they see in the movies. So dun be envious.

Want to find true happiness? Dun look for it in another person (woman)... look to the Dalai Lama. He has the real answers.

And I don't think anyone would marry me if I am a pauper.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    When I was 36, I almost lost everything I had, (stock crash, currency crisis, lost the job overseas and was sent home penniless), time was tough, no money, no friends, no photoshoots, bite my teeth and hang on, now I got back those things I lost, and much more...
    can write a book

Want to find true happiness? Dun look for it in another person (woman)... look to the Dalai Lama. He has the real answers.

Are you the promoter of his books? Honestly, I rather save more $$$$ to pay for prime lenses than having a religion, the world is in a mess if you haven't noticed........... *the temple of god is in everyman's heart* if you understand

Err, is photography a religion?

grass is always greener on the other side, dude. you see me contented, i see you happy. when youre single, you see those married or attached ones, you feel it's better to have someone around but when you're stuck with the wrong one, piak forhead man and you'll wish you're better off dead. and no, in case anyone is wondering, im not the latter though im amused why some people wished i'm divorced, cursing me behind my back and trying to find means & ways to tell me that im better off single. why they doing all these? beats me too

regardless youre single or attached, you're bound not to be 100% happy. you know the analogy of having hair? when you botak you dun need to fuss over hairstyle and shampoo or other stuffs, but when you've a headful of hair, you also feel vexed and balding also seems a natural course in life but you cant avoid it. wat talking me

ive witnessed people who wished they're single and can have the freedom to choose again and not plunge into the rship for the sake of it. after marriage, responsibilities set in instead of love. think again, marriage is for life.

Lu kong har mi? TCSS

Ur darling got read ur posting boh.....

can write a book

then movies, TV series and bared all for CS

In Singapore, being patriotic, we are encourage to reproduce ...'Stand Up For Singapore' as the song goes.... Hey, maybe you're doing ok 'down there' dude .
    Last edited by kenele; 17th April 2006 at 11:37 PM.

There are always pro and con in every decision. There is no such thing as perfect.
    In any relationship, everyone involve will have to play a part.
    Husband & Wife, Parents & Children, between Friends & Buddies etc....
    It take a long time to build a relationship and a short time to wack it.
    It's the same for marriage. If either party do not put in effort, nothings will good will come from it.
    Don't expect or think that you can change the other party. You have to accept the good and bad of the other.
    Both party has to play a part in building the lasting relationship. It's take 2 hands to clap.
    Important to remember. If you are not ready to commit to a relatioship, don't start one.
    除了爱, 我一无所有

If you know u are old enought and need a GF ..

WEll .. maybe can start to work on it .. start have fun before you are too old

But its not difficult to find a partner what... u have to drag yourself out of the house... join a yoga class or something... of course, if u r short, balding and ugly, stop eye-ing that Christine Brinkley look-alike lah... look for someone who is equal or lesser than u in terms of physical attributes... won't go wrong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast