Thread: Any HK Beyond Group Supporter?

Default Any HK Beyond Group Supporter?

Recently I went to ebay to look for their album. Found that they got 5 members instead of 4 in the beginning? I not only see one album but a few also having 5 members. What I know that they consist of 4 only mah or my information is wrong? Anyone to verifty this?
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Default Re: Any HK Beyond Group Supporter?

yes...they ve 5 person initially...but after 1 member which is Wong Ka Kui the band main vocalist pass away in 1993...it became a 4 person band...but they still cont on n did a world wide concert to commemorate him...last yr there was a beyond concert in sg...i did went n it was terrific..
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

er ... when Wong Ka Kui passed away, only 4 of them in the group including Wong Ka Kui.

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    er ... when Wong Ka Kui passed away, only 4 of them in the group including Wong Ka Kui.
    coz there was another member who join them which is paul...after 1 yr they are form

this should giv u a clearer view...
    Formed in 1983, the original members were Wong Ka Kui (vocals, guitar), Yip Sai Wing (vocals, drums) and Lau Chi Yuen (keyboards). Ka Kui's younger brother Wong Ka Keung (vocals, bass) joined in 1984 followed by Paul Wong (vocals, lead guitar) in 1985. Other members for brief periods have included Chan See On and Kubert Leung. Lau Chi Yuen left the band in 1989 to pursue studies in the US (though he made a return later playing instruments and helping to produce 1998's Surprise).
    Last edited by dreamerz; 14th April 2006 at 04:01 PM.
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

only 3 in beyond after Ka Kui's death wor... your no.4 is a ghost ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond

hmmm i thought they became a trio after Wong Ka Kui passed on? so that should make them a 4 men band first right? ive never seen their cd with 5 members

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    only 3 in beyond after Ka Kui's death wor... your no.4 is a ghost ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond
    haha...oops my bad...i forgt the other member left liao...which is Lau Chi Yuen...
    My Site

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz
    haha...oops my bad...i forgt the other member left liao...which is Lau Chi Yuen...
    Think this is the guy who left the band before the lead singer dies. Therefore, what we see are always 3 after the death of the lead singer. Maybe all this fated but Beyond still one of the best band ever in Canto pop.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Now there are 0 left.... *sob*

yeah... i know... when wong ka kui passed away.. they came out with a song in rememberance of him... think the title was ' we don't want to live without you' and when they were performing live... all the band members...had tears in their eyes...