Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My goldfishes are turning belly up!

Default Re: My goldfishes are turning belly up!

Water quality in term of clealinnes, PH value, temperature are important for the health of Fishes. Oxygen level also very important. Prevent over crowding.

did u put in anti-chlorine? cos they die in tap water.
    also get a standby all purpose medication for goldfishes in case.
    both can b found at fish shops.
    i had some goldfishes for 2 yrs when i was alone o/s.....they kept me company thruout'
    and those 2 bottles were all i needed.
    hope it helps!
    Last edited by esmondng; 13th April 2006 at 12:36 AM.

Well.. look at the scales of ur goldfishes.. if they seem to be flaking also... may do them good to do a salt rub...

Gently scope them out... in ur hands... and rub them with salt.. and put them back..
    At least it worked for my goldfishes last time...

Changed the water too...

The reason why 'normal' goldfish are hardier is because they have hardier genes. The Black ones and other 'special' GF are actually mutants that have been inbred to develop a certain characteristic (e.g bubble eye, lionhead). As you probably know, inbreeding is bad for the gene pool which is why they die so easily.

Please do not overfeed (Goldfishes have 3 min memories, they can't remember if they have ate or not and can kill themselves by over-gorging on food)

Next is do not over-fill the tank. They are highly susceptible to water pressure and when the water is over 1 feet deep, they have VERY high chances of flipping over (air bladder is over-pressured)

And they are coldwater fishes, so try not to have internal filters which may rasie the water temperature.

As for water, certain locations in SG have higher chlorine concentration and for those areas, it's wise to use double the amount of anti-chlorine or to leave the water overnight. For those leaving the water overnight, please do not use all the water from the bucket (it will negate the chore of leaving it there to sit) You have to scoop up the water slowly and carefully (do not stir the water, the chlorine is still there, just at the lower level) Leave the last 30% in the bucket and throw that away....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

ur mother made a mistake thenz...its better to leave a pail of water overnight, then put salt and anti-chlorine the next day. If say ur fish turn upside down or wat, then put the green liquid( sorry i 4got the name). haizzz rearing fish always remind me of the ups and downs i have with my luohans last time ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12