Thread: Hi! Long time no see!!!

Smile Hi! Long time no see!!!

Hello all,

Long time never post in Clubsnap liao...glad to see all that are still around.
    Just recently, my wife and her sister are going to take up photography. And I recommended them Nikon FM2n plus a AF Nikkor 50mm f1.8D to shart up with.
    I dunno if I made the right choice or not? Comments anyone??

Default Re: Hi! Long time no see!!!

HELLO! i'm newer than you and never see you around before. but are you related to xxxger? =x

okok and budgets or anything? that's a good way to start up. would they like a dSLR or DC?
    I Love You :)

Whoa you reccommend them to start with film? Dunno how much a FM2n costs now but IMHO digital would be better for learning as you can get instant feedback. If I'm not wrong the FM is a fully manual camera so learning curve might be a little steep. Unless of course you are planning on finishing 1 roll within 1 day then it shloud be fine..

I actully reccommend starting out with a consumer digital P&S with manual functions. When you feel more comfortable then maybe move on to film or digital SLR (depending on budget)
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch
    HELLO! i'm newer than you and never see you around before. but are you related to xxxger? =x

okok and budgets or anything? that's a good way to start up. would they like a dSLR or DC?
    No, I am not related to xxxger la!
    Digital camera that have manual controls is too expensive la...so my wife's sis picked up a FM2n (for $350 only) plus a 50mm lens (new $170).
    It maybe tough to learn with a fully manual camera but I think its fun and also best of all, Nikon FM2n would last you for many many years to come.

yes quite true film bodies do seem to have much longer life spans... actualy for about $520 there shloud be 1 or 2 conumer digicams what have manual control.. but like you said those wont last that long and a fully manual one makes you appreciate it more..
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Thumbs up Re: Hi! Long time no see!!!

Quote Originally Posted by raptor84
    yes quite true film bodies do seem to have much longer life spans... actualy for about $520 there shloud be 1 or 2 conumer digicams what have manual control.. but like you said those wont last that long and a fully manual one makes you appreciate it more..
    Actually, film and digital each have its pros and cons la...
    One good thing I like about this forum is tat you get your reply very fast!!!

Welcome back XXX Boy
    Time, is an effortless construction :)