Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: question abt event shooting technique

Default Re: question abt event shooting technique

most importantly, if u happen to shoot a group photo of 7 persons, dun capture 6 only

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Shoot more. Look at your pictures then ask yourself how to improve it, refer to other's shots and gauge your level, form there move forward and shoot more again, repeat and ask yourself how to achieve the shots.

Trial and error works best.
    shoot more and post here for espn's PRO comment

i wish to change my 70-300mm G to 80-200mm 2.8...
    but no $$. if buy 85mm 1.8 (380g) suitable for event shooting??
    i also know 80-200mm 2.8 (1.3/4g) is the best for event shooting... but too heavy...

any others len recommend?? thx!!

Quote Originally Posted by joey91
    i also know 80-200mm 2.8 (1.3/4g) is the best for event shooting... but too heavy...

actually, i only use a 24-120VR for most of my shots. it's not so much the equipment, it's how familiar you are with your equipment, and how well you employ them.

i think you should work with the 70-300G first, but you need a 18-70DX maybe. so that you have a wider angle lens. plus the 18-70 is really sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by joey91

Why are you getting caught up with the 2.8 lenses? If you can afford it good for you, but it isn't always about the lens, it's about the person behind the lens that makes the image look good.

You can give the best photographer the lousiest camera but he will turn out a great image but you give the worst photographer the best camera he would probably turn out a mediocre image. So it isn't always about the equipment, it's how you use the equipment.

Here are my lens recommendations. For fashion shows, 70-300mm (more than enough), general event 20-35mm should be good, I would also recommend another lens to cover the 35-70mm range. Even better if you can find one to cover 20-70mm range.

Quote Originally Posted by leonzhu
    actually, i only use a 24-120VR for most of my shots. it's not so much the equipment, it's how familiar you are with your equipment, and how well you employ them.

i think you should work with the 70-300G first, but you need a 18-70DX maybe. so that you have a wider angle lens. plus the 18-70 is really sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by hondasleeper
    Why are you getting caught up with the 2.8 lenses? If you can afford it good for you, but it isn't always about the lens, it's about the person behind the lens that makes the image look good.

You can give the best photographer the lousiest camera but he will turn out a great image but you give the worst photographer the best camera he would probably turn out a mediocre image. So it isn't always about the equipment, it's how you use the equipment.

Here are my lens recommendations. For fashion shows, 70-300mm (more than enough), general event 20-35mm should be good, I would also recommend another lens to cover the 35-70mm range. Even better if you can find one to cover 20-70mm range.

thx leonzhu & hondasleeper. just thinking 70-300mm G not enough fast n the aperture too small... still consider...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12