Thread: Price of AF-S 70-200 VR

Default Price of AF-S 70-200 VR

For all those of you eagerly awaiting the arrival of this lens, several dealers over here have stopped listing the older 80-200 AF-S (which is surprising in itself) and started listing the new VR lens. The lens is not yet in stock but this is a good sign that arrival should be fairly imminent.

The good news is the price, which is almost identical to the Canon IS equivalent (+/- 5); and hardly more expensive than the existing AF-S.

That's not very good news. S$3100 is not cheap.

Originally posted by mylau
    That's not very good news. S$3100 is not cheap.
    Oh no........I must continue my instant noodle diet at least until end 2003

W204FL

Actually, I lie. In doing the price comparisons, I was working out the Canon before VAT and the Nikon after VAT.

Basically, it now looks like the Nikon is about 17.5% cheaper than the Canon. Although that is vaguely suspicious and I'm wondering if it's all true. Although based on Grays of Westminster's price it's not exactly far fetched either.

S$3100 not cheap? No it's not, but if you can spend S$10k on an EOS1D, then I should hope you can afford to spend S$3k on the actual glass that takes your pictures.

Originally posted by Jed
    Actually, I lie. In doing the price comparisons, I was working out the Canon before VAT and the Nikon after VAT.

Basically, it now looks like the Nikon is about 17.5% cheaper than the Canon. Although that is vaguely suspicious and I'm wondering if it's all true. Although based on Grays of Westminster's price it's not exactly far fetched either.

S$3100 not cheap? No it's not, but if you can spend S$10k on an EOS1D, then I should hope you can afford to spend S$3k on the actual glass that takes your pictures.
    Of course, 70-200 IS in front of 1D, one hell of a combo....

latest US press release:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1039701631.html

US release date Apr 2003, looks like UK/Europe getting their 70-200 VR first.