Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70

Thread: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

  1. #41

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    All the best for your trip!
    I noticed u mentioned insomnia etc. Have u got assessed as to whether u have depression?
    Insomnia is one of the signs.

    Go for the trip, it'll help keep your mind off things

  2. #42

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    Quote Originally Posted by midicity
    All the best for your trip!
    I noticed u mentioned insomnia etc. Have u got assessed as to whether u have depression?
    Insomnia is one of the signs.

    Go for the trip, it'll help keep your mind off things
    hmm, i never know insomnia can cause depression. But i don't think my case is as bad as 'depression'... I'm just feeling very very down sometimes...
    thanks bro for your concerns.

  3. #43

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    From what i see, it's pretty impressive. I love the 800-1000m mountains. Never drive in such altitude before. So you must be driving above the clouds sometimes ya?
    The timings look pretty good too. Not too lengthy drives..

    Thanks thanks much!

    yep! can see clouds around us at times... sometimes can see clouds below us too when u look over the side of the roads

  4. #44

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    Loops 1 to 3 keep you south of KL, loop 4 goes further north. Personally i find Malaysia north of KL more exciting than the south. Highway 4 which was mentioned before (also known as Grik Highway) is a great road that takes you through remoter parts of Malaysia and to some artificial lakes... lots to do.... You could combine it with loop 4, after Cameron you take the new road north to Ipoh and then Grik highway to the East and then take the backroads back down south....
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr

  5. #45

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    I just remembered.

    Didn't u just went for a holiday to Europe, and Bali too ?
    Wah.. Now u wanna go again.

    .

  6. #46

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    I just remembered.

    Didn't u just went for a holiday to Europe, and Bali too ?
    Wah.. Now u wanna go again.

    .
    Bali and Europe was May and Oct 2005 respectively loh... So long ago

    I feel i really need this trip, as soon as i can... Actually it's a bit hard to find shoestring adventurous travellers in Singapore... Most of my friends consider 3-star hotel as minimum lodging standard in overseas, none will consider dorm as an option
    Thankfully i recently got to know my hairstylist who is extremely into shoestring backpacking trips, she spent like S$200 for a 3 weeks trip in thailand, etc... So i really hope that she could make the trip with me if her schedule permits...

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 3rd Rock
    Posts
    1,269

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    Thankfully i recently got to know my hairstylist who is extremely into shoestring backpacking trips, she spent like S$200 for a 3 weeks trip in thailand, etc... So i really hope that she could make the trip with me if her schedule permits...
    Go in "two" and come back in "three". Guarantee more stress to come.

  8. #48

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    Also, in Singapore, where can i buy a very good driving map of Malaysia (Or even better if it covers extensively (and very precisely) the northern Malaysian states. I searched the ones at kinokuniya today, but they are not really up to standard. They're more like a general map dictating all the highways, mainroads, cities, and that's probably all...

  9. #49

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew
    Go in "two" and come back in "three". Guarantee more stress to come.
    Oh my goodness what were you thinking, Jeff?

  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    Oh my goodness what were you thinking, Jeff?

    natural math

  11. #51

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    ahah a.. Well ..

    Join my in cycling . Sure your mind will think about your Ass only ... your Leg would go weak .. walk also got problem ..

    But It will be fun ..

    I'll just plan for a 80km Ride ..

  12. #52

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman77
    ahah a.. Well ..

    Join my in cycling . Sure your mind will think about your Ass only ... your Leg would go weak .. walk also got problem ..

    But It will be fun ..

    I'll just plan for a 80km Ride ..
    80km! i did 40% of it one night with my friends last year, and ya, i don't wish to do it again!!

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canberra,Australia
    Posts
    59

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    I managed to dig up the name of the bali-nese style resort I was talking about.

    http://www.tanjongjararesort.com/

    The website seems a little sluggish though.

  14. #54

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    Quote Originally Posted by st11x
    I managed to dig up the name of the bali-nese style resort I was talking about.

    http://www.tanjongjararesort.com/

    The website seems a little sluggish though.
    Thanks Matt, it looks really beautiful, but the price also quite

    i'm really thinking of making this trip asap (next week) anyone wanna join?

  15. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Toa Payoh
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    Yup... you SHOULD go for a roadtrip... coz ur insomnia can be a sign of depression... i took a trip to thailand-cambodia for 18 days.. spent only altogether 1.3k... despite doing many interesting things.. u may wanna consider this trip... went from phuket up to bangkok.. and crossed into cambodia via land... good experience.. =)

    If u really wanna know the itinerary, just pm me. =)
    Last edited by wiskiz; 13th April 2006 at 11:29 PM.

  16. #56

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    Quote Originally Posted by wiskiz
    Yup... you SHOULD go for a roadtrip... coz ur insomnia can be a sign of depression... i took a trip to thailand-cambodia for 18 days.. spent only altogether 1.3k... despite doing many interesting things.. u may wanna consider this trip... went from phuket up to bangkok.. and crossed into cambodia via land... good experience.. =)

    If u really wanna know the itinerary, just pm me. =)
    Wow that's quite an awesome trip! Although i dun have the budget for such a trip, i'd love to know your itinerary, and it can be a good reference/inspiration for my future trips.

  17. #57

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    Thanks Matt, it looks really beautiful, but the price also quite

    i'm really thinking of making this trip asap (next week) anyone wanna join?
    I wish I can join u, but this month is tied up, and next mth, well... Must wait till election over then can.

    Oh ya, I slept in dorms & campsites when I was in Europe. Wasn't tt bad, except I can't find a socket to plug in my laptop in my tent...

  18. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canberra,Australia
    Posts
    59

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    Thanks Matt, it looks really beautiful, but the price also quite
    We were students then and also didn't have much to burn; and we didn't. Nevertheless, it wasn't going to deter us from going inside to have a walk-a-bout and a cup of coffee Make it a break from the driving and stay somewhere else like in Terengganu.
    Last edited by st11x; 14th April 2006 at 05:41 AM.

  19. #59

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    Wah!! Are you serious!!
    If you give me, my budget will rise to S$205 hehe
    Well behyx, I like your shoestring style of travelling very much, esp the inspiring Bali account. It reminds me of my younger days.

    I offer you $25 for your images on this journey on a cd rom, if you are in the shooting mood. Anything is fine - human portrait, street, culture, landscape, goats or mushroom.

    Condition: Name and sign the cd album "Behyx on a shoestring, 2006"

    I offer you another $25 for another named and signed album "Behyx on a shoestring, Bali 2005"

    Your work deserves much more, but I just trying to kick start your journey to relax.

  20. #60

    Default Re: My life is taking quite a toll on me, i want an low budget roadtrip - where to?

    Quote Originally Posted by tOGGY
    Well behyx, I like your shoestring style of travelling very much, esp the inspiring Bali account. It reminds me of my younger days.

    I offer you $25 for your images on this journey on a cd rom, if you are in the shooting mood. Anything is fine - human portrait, street, culture, landscape, goats or mushroom.

    Condition: Name and sign the cd album "Behyx on a shoestring, 2006"

    I offer you another $25 for another named and signed album "Behyx on a shoestring, Bali 2005"

    Your work deserves much more, but I just trying to kick start your journey to relax.
    Toggy bro,

    Thank you so much. You really flattered me! And i felt really really appreciated!
    Actually, i'd want to use my holga (6x6 on B/W films) on this trip - to break myself from the 'full-time DSLR' usage in my work.
    And i will be doing the processing and printing myself, in a darkroom.
    If you want, i can do darkroom prints for you, say 10 of my favourite pictures from the trip? I'm glad to sign every prints if you want

    Regarding the bali photos, as i'm consolidating many of them for a stock agency, i apologize that i can't duplicate any high resolution copies of it. Hope you understand, all the commercial stuffs you see... Very sorry!
    Last edited by behyx; 14th April 2006 at 01:44 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •