Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buying an iBook? Hold all ur horses!!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Maybe....

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    oh my goodness. I just had some drinks with my clients, and i'm back home, saw this, and i went oh my god! OH MY! Is it really true what i see before my eyes? It's dual core! I'd expected it to be single core man! It's much sooner that what i expected! Should i get the ibook (powerPC) i've reserved from a seller in the 2nd market? OR should i cash in on this Macbook?

Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    oh my goodness. I just had some drinks with my clients, and i'm back home, saw this, and i went oh my god! OH MY! Is it really true what i see before my eyes? It's dual core! I'd expected it to be single core man! It's much sooner that what i expected! Should i get the ibook (powerPC) i've reserved from a seller in the 2nd market? OR should i cash in on this Macbook?
    BUY BUY BUY!

Default Re: Buying an iBook? Hold all ur horses!!!

Mac Book rocks...

Guys, do you think i should get the Macbook now? Or wait for a few revisions to be out first, then i cash in on it?

And the 6-8 business days, is it really true? As far as i know, i got my Imac at a much later date when it's released, it's terrible to wait don't you think?

If u need it, get it.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Don't fall for the trap. A somewhat similarly specced pc version will be cheaper than the macbook pros. Plus apple has been known to dick their customers, because they are forced to financially. But if it's all about design and there's spare cash then go ahead.

Blog Entries

wait for the state side ppl to buy and report bugs first.
    let apple resolve these bugs

then buy

Quote Originally Posted by shojibake
    Don't fall for the trap. A somewhat similarly specced pc version will be cheaper than the macbook pros. Plus apple has been known to dick their customers, because they are forced to financially. But if it's all about design and there's spare cash then go ahead.
    I think this is a very big misconception with many people that Apple computers are overpriced. If you check out a similarly specced Dell laptop you would realise that the price is actually about the same, but do take note that Apple comes with a whole suite of applications (iLife) that you would have to pay for in a Dell computer.

Quote Originally Posted by shojibake
    so, it is all a 'trap'...

Blog Entries

b4 folks get caught up with the hubris over macbooks and the intel-inside ibooks, have a read of this.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Burnette/?p=90

me? i rather wait till they sort of the mess....
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by frenchbean
    Do take note that Apple comes with a whole suite of applications (iLife) that you would have to pay for in a Dell computer.
    I second that. I use iphoto a lot on the move, it's really a good software to churn out a good slideshow fast and it's so easy to use.

I have a question. Noticed that the edu price is around S$100 cheaper for the lowest end macbook, is the OS and software bundled legally to use commercially? Or are they for educational purposes only?

so dissappointing. When are they going to come up with a light ibook. It is still like 2.3kg...

The two most impt factor in a notebook to me is weight and battery life...

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    b4 folks get caught up with the hubris over macbooks and the intel-inside ibooks, have a read of this.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Burnette/?p=90

me? i rather wait till they sort of the mess....
    Interesting.

Unfortunately, since Apple did not mention what brand of thermal paste they are using, I'd take it that the Artic Silver is the primary factor for cooling.

Probably Apple used some no-name thermal paste.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

If Dell ever step into the Mac world.... all hell break loose! lol

Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    Actually I think they had announced it would be dual-core in this year's MacWorld...

Similar hardware specs in a PC and a Mac don't necessarily translate into similar performance. If you had used both, you would know. The Mac OS is leagues faster than Winblows.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123