Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying an iBook? Hold all ur horses!!!

Default Re: Buying an iBook? Hold all ur horses!!!

me too...cant wait to see...

Today i was at apple funan when i saw the new Macbook Pro, realized the screen is the new 'clear-brite' type ya? those glossy surface, and viewing angle is so much better!!

Let's hope the intel-ibooks have such screen. Saw rumors that Asus got the tender to do intel-ibooks, right?

That is new to me...but hope the macbook can be 1" thick too.. if have illuminated keyboard will be best

wanna get a mac book pro once they resolved their heating and whining problems..

its unbelieveble how hot the computer gets, its rediculous for a 2.6k usd computer to get that hot.

Quote Originally Posted by erizai
    That is new to me...but hope the macbook can be 1" thick too.. if have illuminated keyboard will be best
    Yo!
    Read it here

http://www.maconintel.com/news.php?article=162

Anyway, although i'm a macuser, i still don't know why a powerbook is better than ibook.. for stuffs like photoshop, word processing and iphoto usage, will a ibook with 1gb RAM be around the same as a powerbook with just 512MB RAM?
    Sorry because i'm very curious why people still fork out like 2x more the price for an almost the same specs powerbook...

Other than style... the price no doubt is too high la.. of course the build is better.. titanium(alluminium?) casing will have less scratches and better cooling, compared to plastic one... perfomance wise-- I will say only 10-15% faster la...

Apple are you listening?

Quote Originally Posted by erizai
    Other than style... the price no doubt is too high la.. of course the build is better.. titanium(alluminium?) casing will have less scratches and better cooling, compared to plastic one... perfomance wise-- I will say only 10-15% faster la...

Apple are you listening?
    Thats why loh!! I simply don't understand why people pay such a premium for so little improvement...
    I can still churn out a wedding slideshow for my clients within 2-3 hours with my sis's entry level ibook. That involves browsing through tons of pictures, minor editing them in photoshop for those pictures in the slideshow. And my clients are happy, so am i.

Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    Yo!
    Read it here

http://www.maconintel.com/news.php?article=162

Anyway, although i'm a macuser, i still don't know why a powerbook is better than ibook.. for stuffs like photoshop, word processing and iphoto usage, will a ibook with 1gb RAM be around the same as a powerbook with just 512MB RAM?
    Sorry because i'm very curious why people still fork out like 2x more the price for an almost the same specs powerbook...
    I believe the LCD screen quality is different betw iBook & MacBook Pro... For photo processing, shouldn't the colour quality matter? Then again, I may be wrong abt the screen quality... Maybe someone else may be able to verify that?
    Jia Wang... "A photo is only as beautiful as the photographer's eyes can see."
    My Eyes ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Jia Wang
    I believe the LCD screen quality is different betw iBook & MacBook Pro... For photo processing, shouldn't the colour quality matter? Then again, I may be wrong abt the screen quality... Maybe someone else may be able to verify that?
    Yes the LCD screen between the current (PowerPC) ibook and Macbook Pro is definitely different. The latter has much much better viewing angle, and resolution is also better! Imagine the resolution is only 1024x768 for 12" and 14" ibooks.
    Yes the screen quality matters alot if you want to do serious color correction on your mac.
    For me, i don't use my portable mac for accurate color correction. My Imac G5 at home can do the job better. Hehe...

Well, it always helps to have a laptop along for ur trips to do quick post-processing while on the move rather than take 10GB worth of photos, reach Singapore and do.... do until u'll go nuts.

Learnt a hard lesson when I went OZ last year, went on a firing spree only to suffer big time (got some really great shots no doubt) when I came back. Spent 3 days doing my stuff cos my Mac was too slow.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Well, it always helps to have a laptop along for ur trips to do quick post-processing while on the move rather than take 10GB worth of photos, reach Singapore and do.... do until u'll go nuts.

Learnt a hard lesson when I went OZ last year, went on a firing spree only to suffer big time (got some really great shots no doubt) when I came back. Spent 3 days doing my stuff cos my Mac was too slow.
    Wow 3 days only. Not too bad man!

BTW, NPNT! where are your great shots????

Wanna see har? Check ur PM.

Plz watch it on ya toilet bowl, in case u luff until u shit.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

good choice, i have one if u are not fussy about speed.

Quote Originally Posted by derrick tong
    good choice, i have one if u are not fussy about speed.
    Eh, which one do you have?

Erm, got some enquiries that need fellow photographers' advices..

Is it still worthwhile to get a 2nd hand Powerbook 17" now?

Looks like it's going cheap in some other forums' buy/sell, slightly above S$2000 can get a set; Depending on the package.

The main thing i'm going to do on the laptop is just photoshopping on the go (especially for travels), and other normal daily stuffs like surfing net and word processing. Of course what i like most is the very big 17" screen which is very favourable for doing photoshop stuffs.

But in terms of the price/performance ratio of this powerbook compare to macbook pro, given the sort of things i do on the laptop, is S$2000 a very worthwhile buy for the powerbook? Please shed some advices.

---

In fact, i posted this in a local Mac forum, and got some info that the current PS CS / CS2 can't see much performance in the new intel machines. Must wait till CS3...

Erm, got some enquiries that need fellow photographers' advices..

Is it still worthwhile to get a 2nd hand Powerbook 17" now?

Looks like it's going cheap in some other forums' buy/sell, slightly above S$2000 can get a set; Depending on the package.

The main thing i'm going to do on the laptop is just photoshopping on the go (especially for travels), and other normal daily stuffs like surfing net and word processing. Of course what i like most is the very big 17" screen which is very favourable for doing photoshop stuffs.

But in terms of the price/performance ratio of this powerbook compare to macbook pro, given the sort of things i do on the laptop, is S$2000 a very worthwhile buy for the powerbook? Please shed some advices.

---

In fact, i posted this in a local Mac forum, and got some info that the current PS CS / CS2 can't see much performance in the new intel machines. Must wait till CS3...
    Based on your one main criteria-on the go. You wouldn't want a 17'' to travel. My 15'' is already enough to make me grumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Castlesinthesky
    Based on your one main criteria-on the go. You wouldn't want a 17'' to travel. My 15'' is already enough to make me grumble.
    Really! I don't actually know how a 6-pound laptop feels like after long hours on the street, in a sling bag.

For max endurance... you shouldn't be slinging... Carry it on your back.

Really! I don't actually know how a 6-pound laptop feels like after long hours on the street, in a sling bag.
    Whether sling or carry on your back, you wouldn't want to do it.
    Get 2 bottles of 1.5L coke and try to carry it around.
    You will know how it feel.
    除了爱, 我一无所有

Default Maybe....

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Erm... u noe the current iBooks where there's a particular latch on it that u'll have to press it in order to release the display so that u can actually lift up the display before using ur iBook?

Apparently, IF rumours are real, the latch will no longer be there but replaced with a magnetic bar of some sort where all u need is just to lift it up or close it down without the need to press any latches like the current ones.
    Maybe...the designers did were deprived of those simle magnetic catch pencil box that we used to have in kindergatens&primary school....hehehhee....

Come on...if they are going to charge a premium on those magnetic catches....its crazy right...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast