Thread: Gym equipment

Default Gym equipment

Just wondering if any of you gymrats out there know any places that sell benchpress sets? Looking for the freeweights kind (preferbly together with the 20kg bar, 2x 10 kg plates and 4 x 5kg plates). Have seen outlets in Suntec and one in Marina Square, but does anyone know other places that sell these equipment?
    |EOS, Fuji X and Leica M Systems | Need more good pictures to justify gear | www.ef2pt8.com |

Default Re: Gym equipment

there used to be a kettler store in plaza singapura....not sure where it relocated to after the renovations...

i tink u could try calling up some suppliers...give the yellow pages a try man...

jaron... long time no see, where have u been man? hmmm.. i think royal sporting house at taka (the one beside puma) does carry.. marina square would be liang seng..

Can try one shop that is at Parkway Parade, I think it's on the 3rd or 4th floor, can't remember exactly which floor.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveHart
    Just wondering if any of you gymrats out there know any places that sell benchpress sets? Looking for the freeweights kind (preferbly together with the 20kg bar, 2x 10 kg plates and 4 x 5kg plates). Have seen outlets in Suntec and one in Marina Square, but does anyone know other places that sell these equipment?

if you are buying for your home..

i think it might actually be wiser to get a gym membership ..

beacuse a good quality set with a couple of plates + dumb bells

will set you back at least 500-1000 bucks

going to clubfit its 2.50/entry ... @ 5x a week = $12.50

= almost 1.5 years right there.

its on the fourth floor.....if i dun recall wrongly...sportsworld or something like tt...i dun recall them having gym benches

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao
    Can try one shop that is at Parkway Parade, I think it's on the 3rd or 4th floor, can't remember exactly which floor.
    IIRC, the highest with Giant on that level.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the feedback! Will check out all the places that you all described. Quite sadly the price of gym equipment here is rather ex as comparead to overseas (more specifically Melbourne). I remember that weight plates were like AUD $1.50 per kg over there. Its nearly like triple the price here!

Tr|n|ty - Yup I agree a gym membership is better in terms of access to better equipment...but the problems with the Singapore gyms are:
    a) the crowd
    b) limited freeweight equipment at the neighbourhood gyms
    c) my eractic working hours

So I guess I'm paying more for the convenience? Basic equipment for "body maintenance" and reconditioning before I go back to the "big time" haha!
    |EOS, Fuji X and Leica M Systems | Need more good pictures to justify gear | www.ef2pt8.com |

Quote Originally Posted by tan131
    jaron... long time no see, where have u been man? hmmm.. i think royal sporting house at taka (the one beside puma) does carry.. marina square would be liang seng..
    Yo~ You're B*****d right? Long time no see! How r u doing?

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the feedback! Will check out all the places that you all described. Quite sadly the price of gym equipment here is rather ex as comparead to overseas (more specifically Melbourne). I remember that weight plates were like AUD $1.50 per kg over there. Its nearly like triple the price here!

Tr|n|ty - Yup I agree a gym membership is better in terms of access to better equipment...but the problems with the Singapore gyms are:
    a) the crowd
    b) limited freeweight equipment at the neighbourhood gyms
    c) my eractic working hours

So I guess I'm paying more for the convenience? Basic equipment for "body maintenance" and reconditioning before I go back to the "big time" haha!

no problem man... when i was in singapore i would go to the delta sports complex there.. found the equiptment there pretty decent.

3 bench press and 1 incline
    1 squat/deadlift
    3 or 4 benches
    dumbells from 5lbs to 80lbs

and different machines ...

well the only thing is your working hours i guess... oh well its your call ... make sure you carpet your room or else the dumbells will crack your floor when you drop them

you can try the weider shop in orchard road, it's the building next to the Lido cinemas., maybe 3rd or 4th storey

or if you are not into brands, thare is a wholesale shop somewhere in Ubi, forgot the name. I have bought a bench from them before. if you want I can check if I still have th ereceipt with me and will let you know

Quote Originally Posted by trlnlty
    no problem man... when i was in singapore i would go to the delta sports complex there.. found the equiptment there pretty decent.

3 bench press and 1 incline
    1 squat/deadlift
    3 or 4 benches
    dumbells from 5lbs to 80lbs

and different machines ...

well the only thing is your working hours i guess... oh well its your call ... make sure you carpet your room or else the dumbells will crack your floor when you drop them
    Wow...the equipment does look pretty good...where is this delta sports complex located at? I did hear about it before, its quite a good deal if the enterance fee is at $2.50?

Yeah...was considering some rubber mats (thick ones) but one thing at a time haha~ Don't think I'll be loading up that heavy yet.

Nikonnew PM'ed you

check up the yellow pages
    let ur fingers do the walking... : )

I suggest getting them from cash convertor or auction sites.

Many of these exercise equipment are transformed into heavy weight cloths & bags hanger, before they changed owners.

Likewise, you may (or may not) do the same to your purchase, so why buy new one?