Thread: Batch lossless rotation recommendations?

Default Batch lossless rotation recommendations?

I'm trying to find a program that allows me to batch rotate a bunch of images losslessly. So far, I'm using IrFanView's built-in lossless jpeg transformation plugin to do this, but I can only do 1 pic by 1 pic. That's very tedious, esp. after a photoshoot where I may need to rotate like 50 pics!!

Anyone has any good/simple programs that allows me to do this kind of rotation? Thanks! (Please recommend only lossless rotation algos!!)

which means there will be loss of image data if we rotate the pic in photoshop??

We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

ACDSee has a lossless JPEG rotation program, which can do batch rotation.

With ACDSee 5.0, it can do automatic rotation, meaning it follows the orientation in the JPEG header, recorded when you rotate the image in the camera.

(btw, i don't work for ACD systems )

Originally posted by Wai
    which means there will be loss of image data if we rotate the pic in photoshop??

It's safer to rotate using lossless algorithms. Photoshop might perform re-sampling.

Actually, lossless refers to the fact that the image is not uncompressed from jpeg and then recompressed again. Lossless rotation makes use of the EXIF info to tell the image viewer how to view the picture with the correct orientation.

Rotation in photoshop is lossless *provided* you save in a lossless file format. If you save in some lossy file format (jpeg, for e.g.), then you will incur the generative loss as described above.

I hate to answer my own qn but I found this software that does the job: Exifer for Windows.

What abt imagemagick.... it's very good but it's commandline in nature.

Got many functions like watermarking and conversion, resizing....