Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to use Metz32-1?

Hi Stevick,

I bought it 2nd hand at $80 from someone in CS. The set is kinda [really] old, but as long it works I'm kinda happy. I'm sure u know the MRP for it is about $170+..

I'm not too sure if $120 is a good price though.. for me, $80 was a darn good price!

Originally posted by shawntim
    Hi Stevick,

I bought it 2nd hand at $80 from someone in CS. The set is kinda [really] old, but as long it works I'm kinda happy. I'm sure u know the MRP for it is about $170+..

I'm not too sure if $120 is a good price though.. for me, $80 was a darn good price!
    Wow! very good bargain. How old is the set? badly scratched?

It's quite badly scratched, but again, if it works, it's fine with me. I dun quite like the slider which you adjust the settings.. will get very difficult to slide when dust and dirt gathers in a few mths. In fact, I have to adjust by pushing with my nails now..

The tilt is even better, the owner added a bit of oil at the sides so that I can tilt with ease..

I tried compensating when taking photos in a office christmas party. Results were quite good, but God knows I took at least 200++ photos including of trial and error ones just to get the exposure correct. Means the good ones were all flukes.

2 sets of batteries were flat in about an hour and half.

Oh yah.. U're using Sony 7x7 Series right?

The metz 32-1 is quite a short flash, but it juts out forward (the entire length of my 602 with lens extended). I dunno where's the hotshoe, but hopefully it is not on the LCD component and thus limiting how much you can tilt the LCD screen (collides with ur lens)

Originally posted by shawntim
    Oh yah.. U're using Sony 7x7 Series right?

The metz 32-1 is quite a short flash, but it juts out forward (the entire length of my 602 with lens extended). I dunno where's the hotshoe, but hopefully it is not on the LCD component and thus limiting how much you can tilt the LCD screen (collides with ur lens)

Oh! 717 has the hotshoe on the lens barrel itself, now my only worry is that the flash's ray might be obstructed by my retractable lens hood, due to the stoutness of the flash.

Finally got it. But got it 1st hand. Hard time searching for it. AP/CP/MScolour all no stock. It works great on 717, as if its made for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12