Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need some PS help

Default Re: need some PS help

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    as a matter of fact, i've read through both links provided

The bottom line as what zerstorer and myself have been trying to tell you is that, it's your monitor that is essentially the root of all your problems as to mine earlier. There's a reason why EIZO, Lacie, NEC et al retail monitors at super premium prices.

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    as a matter of fact, i've read through both links provided
    If that's the case then perhaps you didn't quite get the explanation.

1.You are comparing a image in color managed app(Photoshop) vs one that doesn't recognize profiles(Windows Photo Viewer) in this case Windows photo viewer will just present the RAW numerical data in the jpeg and ignore all profiles.

2. sRGB is an arbitrary web standard. Wintel Browsers and non-color managed programs CANNOT interprete sRGB at all. The accuracy of the interpretation then depends on how closely your moniter's gamut matchs the sRGB standard.

3. In conclusion, either ignore the non-color aware representations or get another moniter if it bugs you. This only affects YOUR OWN viewing, as long as you continue using sRGB, other people with decent moniters will be able to get a reasonably good representation of your image, even on NON-color managed software.

4. Converting to your moniter profile will make the colours consistent across programs for you, but will screw it up for everyone else. Decide if its what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerstorer
    If that's the case then perhaps you didn't quite get the explanation.

1.You are comparing a image in color managed app(Photoshop) vs one that doesn't recognize profiles(Windows Photo Viewer) in this case Windows photo viewer will just present the RAW numerical data in the jpeg and ignore all profiles.

2. sRGB is an arbitrary web standard. Wintel Browsers and non-color managed programs CANNOT interprete sRGB at all. The accuracy of the interpretation then depends on how closely your moniter's gamut matchs the sRGB standard.

3. In conclusion, either ignore the non-color aware representations or get another moniter if it bugs you. This only affects YOUR OWN viewing, as long as you continue using sRGB, other people with decent moniters will be able to get a reasonably good representation of your image, even on NON-color managed software.

4. Converting to your moniter profile will make the colours consistent across programs for you, but will screw it up for everyone else. Decide if its what you want.
    oh ok i get it now...much clearer than both links above...
    eat. drink. shoot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12