Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: any windows registry expert?

  1. #1

    Default any windows registry expert?

    I am running IE 6.0 . One day, something happened. So I used a utility to correct the registry. Since then, site don't reconise my browser. When I goto hotmail.com , it asked me to download a better/laterest version of IE.

    It happens on other sites too, for example dpreview. Sometime, I just can't use the PC to surf, I have to use my laptop.

    Please don't tell me to reinstall my windows.

  2. #2

    Default Re: any windows registry expert?

    Originally posted by ninelives
    I am running IE 6.0 . One day, something happened. So I used a utility to correct the registry. Since then, site don't reconise my browser. When I goto hotmail.com , it asked me to download a better/laterest version of IE.

    It happens on other sites too, for example dpreview. Sometime, I just can't use the PC to surf, I have to use my laptop.

    Please don't tell me to reinstall my windows.
    I am not going to tell you to reinstall windows. I suggest you reformat the harddisk!

  3. #3
    KingKongChar
    Guests

    Default Re: any windows registry expert?

    Originally posted by ninelives
    I am running IE 6.0 . One day, something happened. So I used a utility to correct the registry. Since then, site don't reconise my browser. When I goto hotmail.com , it asked me to download a better/laterest version of IE.

    It happens on other sites too, for example dpreview. Sometime, I just can't use the PC to surf, I have to use my laptop.

    Please don't tell me to reinstall my windows.
    I read from past thread and thought that you are MCSE...???

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: any windows registry expert?

    Originally posted by ninelives
    I am running IE 6.0 . One day, something happened. So I used a utility to correct the registry. Since then, site don't reconise my browser. When I goto hotmail.com , it asked me to download a better/laterest version of IE.

    It happens on other sites too, for example dpreview. Sometime, I just can't use the PC to surf, I have to use my laptop.

    Please don't tell me to reinstall my windows.
    Reinstall IE. Never mess around with the registry.

    Regards
    CK

  5. #5

    Default

    here is my registry :



    can someone capare his with mine?

    ckiang: i reinstalled before liao

    run registry ,
    goto local machine>software>microsoft>Internet Explorer
    Last edited by ninelives; 6th December 2002 at 11:35 PM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by ninelives
    here is my registry :



    can someone capare his with mine?

    ckiang: i reinstalled before liao

    run registry ,
    goto local machine>software>microsoft>Internet Explorer
    Looks just about the same, just slightly different version numbers.

    [PHP]
    Build REG_SZ 62800
    IntegratedBrowser REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)
    MkEnabled REGSZ Yes
    Version REG_SZ 6.0.2800.1106
    W2jVersion REG_SZ 6.0.2800.1106[/PHP]

    Regards
    CK

  7. #7

    Default

    Originally posted by ckiang


    Looks just about the same, just slightly different version numbers.

    [PHP]
    Build REG_SZ 62800
    IntegratedBrowser REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)
    MkEnabled REGSZ Yes
    Version REG_SZ 6.0.2800.1106
    W2jVersion REG_SZ 6.0.2800.1106[/PHP]

    Regards
    CK
    ok thanks.

  8. #8

    Default


    This is so funny.

    Didn't MCSE teach you never, ever to mess with their registry?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    He's branching into Entertainment industry mah... lol
    soon he'll be using the mouse to talk to the PC
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx
    He's branching into Entertainment industry mah... lol
    soon he'll be using the mouse to talk to the PC
    ee cannor embed images???
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  11. #11

    Default

    Originally posted by Shadus

    This is so funny.

    Didn't MCSE teach you never, ever to mess with their registry?
    depands on wat paper lor. not all paper need to touch the registry. for example exchange server paper will teach your how to edit exchange server registry keys.
    IIS paper will teach you how to mess with IIS registry setting.

    You dunno we can choose meh? For NT 4 u need to select 6 papers. for win2k u need 7 or 8.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •