Thread: HELP !!! some wedding questions to ask the pros

Lightbulb HELP !!! some wedding questions to ask the pros

need to ask, is it against some religious thingy to use flash when the wedding couple is exchanging their vows?

this couple i know getting married tomorrow....they didnt hire pro to take photos for them *cut cost i guess* so they asked me to take photos for them.

there are a thousand and one reason why i didnt want to
    1) im using a $#@^@^ sony 707 to take
    2) my camera is definately NOT good enough to capture moments
    3) im not experience
    4) i dun want to be guilty for life if i ruin their photos
    5) why me?!!!

i mean, its not about pride or anything but....marriage is a once in a lifetime thing, why not just pay abit more to hire a pro...

HELP!!! NEeed tips and all.....

Default Re: HELP !!! some wedding questions to ask the pros

Originally posted by eadwine
    need to ask, is it against some religious thingy to use flash when the wedding couple is exchanging their vows?

this couple i know getting married tomorrow....they didnt hire pro to take photos for them *cut cost i guess* so they asked me to take photos for them.

there are a thousand and one reason why i didnt want to
    3) im not experience
    4) i dun want to be guilty for life if i ruin their photos
    5) why me?!!!

i mean, its not about pride or anything but....marriage is a once in a lifetime thing, why not just pay abit more to hire a pro...

HELP!!! NEeed tips and all.....
    Go one hour earlier, knee before the altar yourself and pray.

But jokes aside, i see no reason why flash cannot be used unless the owner of the premise, either the bride or groom, or the person officiating the marriage is against it.

But seriously, ask for backup?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Couples usually don't realize the importance of good wedding photography until much later. Amidst all the expenses on the wedding, they try to cut cost and in most cases, cut cost in the wrong places. But apparently for "vanity" reasons, they spend a few thousand for their studio shoot.

If you have no confidence like you said, it's better not to take it up. Even though they might not mind now (they have other things on their minds) they might blame you if you screw up, and even if they don't you don't feel good either. Best is to find someone who can handle it.

Like Wolfgang said, there's usually no restrictions on flash use, I've shot several church weddings, traditional chinese weddings, solemnisations at various places, etc and none have anything against using flash. If there's a restriction, I don't think it's for religious reasons, but more of that location's restrictions.

Regards
    CK

hmm its like tomorrows their wedding liao...if i say cannot then it'll be so irresponsible.

o well, guess i'll just do my best for tomorrow

hmm its like tomorrows their wedding liao...if i say cannot then it'll be so irresponsible.

o well, guess i'll just do my best for tomorrow
    I offer reasonable rates.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by ckiang

I offer reasonable rates.

Regards
    CK
    hahaha i know u guys all do.

Default Re: HELP !!! some wedding questions to ask the pros

What's wrong with your camera, eadwine? It's one of the best in its class. I know you've been pining for a Canon DSLR, but seriously, you've got enough talent to take good pictures with whatever camera you have! Don't feel bad about your current setup just because you think that better equipment is available out there...

Default Re: Re: HELP !!! some wedding questions to ask the pros

Originally posted by Que Lynn

What's wrong with your camera, eadwine? It's one of the best in its class. I know you've been pining for a Canon DSLR, but seriously, you've got enough talent to take good pictures with whatever camera you have! Don't feel bad about your current setup just because you think that better equipment is available out there...
    thanks....really...thanks for the encouragement.!!
    =)

Hi eadwine, so how was your wedding shoot?

I am also in a similar precarious position as yours however my equipment and skills are the bane of my worries even though my friend has assured that he would not"kill" me if all the photos don't come out(he pleaded for over an hour just to get me to do this dirty job *faints*).

I'd be using my ancient Minolta X-300 with 28-70mm lens and Mertz 30BCT-4 flash. I don't know if the flash is going to overexpose all my shots or my camera is going to go off focus on that day. I haven't used this camera for over 2 years.

I will be covering my friend's entire day for the customary rites at his home to the brides then back and also the church wedding. An extreme challenge for an amateur.

roychang, if you really worried and want "back-up", i'm sure there's a lot of photographers here just dying for a opportunity to try out their event photog skills...

spent an entire day !!!! standing snapping till i have onlt left strength by night to just click the shutter button......i was sooooo tired