Thread: Cars.

Default Cars.

Yo guys,

haha due to exam stress, have been dreaming quite abit to relieve some stress.
    dreaming of buying car already.

Wanna ask you all hor, the component that makes the car "psssst" after every gear change is what huh?Blow off valve?. That one in SG can zng or not?. Police will catch?.

If i happen to tio toto and got myself a EVO IX <--(9?), or subaru wrx sti, there car already equip with the "psst" component or must go zng myself.

haha, stressed out guys try to dream more k, so fun.

Default Re: Cars.

ya.. called the blow off valve.. only if got turbo then can.. legal to install.. have to go install urself.. stock cars dun have that..

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolanku
    Yo guys,

Wanna ask you all hor, the component that makes the car "psssst" after every gear change is what huh?Blow off valve?. That one in SG can zng or not?. Police will catch?.

If i happen to tio toto and got myself a EVO IX <--(9?), or subaru wrx sti, there car already equip with the "psst" component or must go zng myself.

wrong forum lah...

anyway ya... its blow off valve, u can install, dun think will kena police catch, maybe only inspection dio nia... can buy HKS one and install, alot of mod shops also have...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

everything also can do one la! just do it. my friend has a car with blue lights inside and outside and under. that time barrier check. also nothing wrong. police are gangsters =x. maybe inspection gotta take out lor. hahahah it's always good to have a friend in the car workshop.
    I Love You :)

Go study for ur exams... dun day dream too much...when u have landed urself a stable job with excess cash, then think of buying a car

anyway, regarding the "pssst" sound.. its created by the relieve of pressure from the turbo unit by the BLV (blow-off valve).. there are basically 2 kinds available on the market.. BLV for NA cars which is mearly jus for the "show off" factor.. and another for turbo cars..the reason why a BLV is necessary for turbo cars is the excessive pressure built up by the turbo unit during acceleration.. at the point where the driver changes gear.. the built up pressure changes direction (due to the cut off where there's no too little combustion, hence the sudden reduction of exhaust gases) and the fin angles of the turbine unit. These gases flows back towards the turbine..this causes slight loss of power when the driver accelerates, as the some gases will have to counter the direction..

BLV releases these gases to prevent back pressure and ensures max delivery of boost as the driver upshifts and accelerates. In the long run, BLV also ensures minimal wear n tear to the turbine unit.. of cos, setting up how much to release for the BLV is also another science.. we'll leave that to the experts for now..

hope that answers ur question.. correct me if i happen to be wrong

Yo guys,

Last edited by tan131; 7th April 2006 at 02:23 PM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobyeo
    ya.. called the blow off valve.. only if got turbo then can.. legal to install.. have to go install urself.. stock cars dun have that..
    BOV legal?
    u sure or not?

btw....any workshops for zhnging to recommend?

Wah,

so cheem sia.. anyways sti already 130K, plus need to zng "psst psst" sound. must work how long sia. btw anyone have job lobang? good money and nua one?.

Wah,

so cheem sia.. anyways sti already 130K, plus need to zng "psst psst" sound. must work how long sia. btw anyone have job lobang? good money and nua one?.

good money & nua, unless u damn yandao lor... be gigolo... u can nua in bed whole day also can... got rich aunties nua with u also... but dun expect MILF lah...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by tan131
    Go study for ur exams... dun day dream too much...when u have landed urself a stable job with excess cash, then think of buying a car

anyway, regarding the "pssst" sound.. its created by the relieve of pressure from the turbo unit by the BLV (blow-off valve).. there are basically 2 kinds available on the market.. BLV for NA cars which is mearly jus for the "show off" factor.. and another for turbo cars..the reason why a BLV is necessary for turbo cars is the excessive pressure built up by the turbo unit during acceleration.. at the point where the driver changes gear.. the built up pressure changes direction (due to the cut off where there's no too little combustion, hence the sudden reduction of exhaust gases) and the fin angles of the turbine unit. These gases flows back towards the turbine..this causes slight loss of power when the driver accelerates, as the some gases will have to counter the direction..

BLV releases these gases to prevent back pressure and ensures max delivery of boost as the driver upshifts and accelerates. In the long run, BLV also ensures minimal wear n tear to the turbine unit.. of cos, setting up how much to release for the BLV is also another science.. we'll leave that to the experts for now..

hope that answers ur question.. correct me if i happen to be wrong
    Not really due to change gear but more on the closure of the throttle body. As you change gear you eased off from your throttle thus it slammed shuts from its manifold. The closure trapped the build up of the pressure will cause back thrust, which may counter the spin of the turbine thus costing its efficiency ie turbo lag. On extreme cases it may damage the impeller if the back pressure is huge for big mama turbos. The BOV is a mechanism to allow this pressure to be dump/vent off into the atmosphere.

Not all BOV will give the hissing sound. It can be a discreet attachement that make almost no sound. Its like a kettle, you get the whistle on boiled water cos you attached one on the steam vent. Same principle.

Evo originally comes with BOV so there's no need to install it. Anyway, BOV is only for use in NA cars.

Btw, if you really like the PpSsSttt sound so much, you can either
    1.) download the wav from some car website which test the different brand of blow off valve
    2.) Buy a 12V battery, sound modular system (comes with a button) and connect it together. Remember to use a relay and afterwhich, you can hear the PpPpSssTt sound whenever you hit the button. Some non-NA cars have them installed. Shldnt be too expensive.

Btw, you are in the wrong forum. There's forum for Honda and Mitsubishi where such topics can be easily search by the hit of a "SEARCH" button.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel
    Evo originally comes with BOV so there's no need to install it. Anyway, BOV is only for use in NA cars.
    i think you mean turbo charged cars. NA means Naturally Aspirated, or non-turbo. don't need a bov in an NA car.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel
    Anyway, BOV is only for use in NA cars.
    u sure or not?

dun mislead ppl lah.