Thread: Car workshop?

Default Car workshop?

Anyone got a good car workshop to recommend?

And what to do during a car accident?

Default Re: Car workshop?

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    Anyone got a good car workshop to recommend?

And what to do during a car accident?
    got 1, nice guy... (maybe i go find the name card den pm u...)

things to do during car accident.. step by step...

sound horn
    step brake
    press hazard light
    engage neutral or P
    pull hand brake

den... important part...

open door
    get out
    close door

super important part...

curse the other party b4 the other party curse you... if u lose, den you also lose the case...
    den act fierce, cool, and constipated...
    ask the other party for driving license in very annoying manner
    den whip out your camera fone and snap panoramic shots... got time can even do multiple layer...
    den ask the other party wanna claim insurance anot...

(hehe... i always kena tis kind lah... i am a very nice boi in nature... but very unnatural...)
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I meant after accident. :P

like where how what when and who should i report the accident to?

All my accidents came with instructions, except this one.
    Example :"Bring the car to my garage, then no need report insurance."
    "small matter, both sides also got fault, then we just handle it ourselves"

I already move the car to let other cars go liao, take photos? a bit late right?

I already move the car to let other cars go liao, take photos? a bit late right?
    In that case, don't have to report to anyone not unless its a rented car.
    Just send to a workshop ASAP and get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by LucidaM
    In that case, don't have to report to anyone not unless its a rented car.
    Just send to a workshop ASAP and get it fixed.
    like i said, this time it didn't come with any instructions.... i meant the other party did not say how he want to handle it. So i am not too sure what is the usual process for it. I only got the car plate #, and driving lic details.

technically, dun care about other cars.. when accident, u just whip out your camera if you know you not at fault & snap... got once i got stuck in my car cos the bugger go crash from my driver side door into the wheel, den i should have crawled out and snap, but den this bugger go forward, reverse few times until detach, den park properly, den i crawl out, no case liao... worse is, this guy drives a lorry, so only his side grill kena... looks like i bang instead of he bang, den he sbsl, come tell me even if i claim also 50/50.. true enuff, IDAC say 50/50 damnit...

den next time, b4 anything, i just take pics b4 talk, as in NPNT, GPGT, den i tell the guy, u bang me obviously... (unless i bang, i keep quiet lor...) if he wanted to move, den horn him, not to move... if he really sl, den call police get TP down... hiak hiak... (since u gal, got benefit mah... tears is a very effective tool)

anyway, u go to a trusted workshop, den if the workshop is good mean he stand neutral, den just advice u accordingly, not telling u how u should write your report to save your backside... and u must tell the truth too lah... den they u need to go IDAC to claim lor... the rest is IDAC & the workshop settle, and after few days u get your car den forget it...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

like i said, this time it didn't come with any instructions.... i meant the other party did not say how he want to handle it. So i am not too sure what is the usual process for it. I only got the car plate #, and driving lic details.
    maybe u describe wat really happen, u bang or he bang, location, situation & such lor...

maybe that person also newbie..

u got the person's number? best to call the person up, ask if he wanna claim anot, if not, den is he going to pay your damages? den if he yandao, ask if he got time for coffee anot..

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    maybe u describe wat really happen, u bang or he bang, location, situation & such lor...

maybe that person also newbie..

u got the person's number? best to call the person up, ask if he wanna claim anot, if not, den is he going to pay your damages? den if he yandao, ask if he got time for coffee anot..
    he bang into me, but then the situation is a bit differ cause he didn't bang into the back or my car, just the right side. so i don't know whose fault it is (according to the insurance company). Personally if the insurance company is going say it's my fault or in your case 50/50, i rather pay it out of my own pocket.

Newbie? Maybe.

number? nay i don't. In fact he did not even bother writing those any information down. I was the one who had to provide my own details written nicely on a paper for him, and then i had to copy his particulars myself. And i left out the phone details, cause he was rather rude. Yandao? yeah BERY yandao! if i am blind.

To answer your question, you don't have to report to the police unless there's someone injured. If you want to report, you can either call your own insurance or go to Vicom where they would do all the necessary claim for you, fast and efficient.

he bang into me, but then the situation is a bit differ cause he didn't bang into the back or my car, just the right side. so i don't know whose fault it is (according to the insurance company). Personally if the insurance company is going say it's my fault or in your case 50/50, i rather pay it out of my own pocket.

Newbie? Maybe.

number? nay i don't. In fact he did not even bother writing those any information down. I was the one who had to provide my own details written nicely on a paper for him, and then i had to copy his particulars myself. And i left out the phone details, cause he was rather rude. Yandao? yeah BERY yandao! if i am blind.
    front right or rear right... mine is front right so lose case.. bang until must change whole sets of light, bumper, front right plate, door dented... he damnit, rear wheel hit my 17" rim, else sure go roll over... den i go kill him...

aiya so his fault, tis kinda ppl liddat 1 lah.. i also meet alot liddat, but normally i always give my number, den ask them every step i make so that we don't lose out, at least make fren better then enemy mah... but i guess most ppl here not 'gentlemen' lah... even its their fault, they never admit...

anyway, if he dun respond, if yours not serious, below 300 can settle, den go repair yourself, if over, den go report to IDAC. but if u really suay, he go report IDAC, and u din, den u really suay liao...

next time come bang me, i treat u lim kopi... hehe... but dun bang my new 1 lah, van & the spare can... i dun mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    front right or rear right... mine is front right so lose case.. bang until must change whole sets of light, bumper, front right plate, door dented... he damnit, rear wheel hit my 17" rim, else sure go roll over... den i go kill him...

aiya so his fault, tis kinda ppl liddat 1 lah.. i also meet alot liddat, but normally i always give my number, den ask them every step i make so that we don't lose out, at least make fren better then enemy mah... but i guess most ppl here not 'gentlemen' lah... even its their fault, they never admit...

anyway, if he dun respond, if yours not serious, below 300 can settle, den go repair yourself, if over, den go report to IDAC. but if u really suay, he go report IDAC, and u din, den u really suay liao...

next time come bang me, i treat u lim kopi... hehe... but dun bang my new 1 lah, van & the spare can... i dun mind...
    Rear Right, it's just scratches and the bumper is a need to take down and hit a bit to get the shape back... (I think)

I need to get the car into the workshop and estimate but i don't know any workshops, cause if i send it to the place i got my car from, i am sure it will cost a bomb, compare to a normal workshop.

I just need to know how much it will cost me, then even if i am paying, i will definitely make a report irregardless, but i just need to know how to do it.

Accidents are really troublesome leh... u want to drink coffee, anytime. I treat oso can. No need to get into accident one.

thank you! I found someone to help me liao