so I got the Dual II from CatzManz instead of a fiscal injection into the economy.
scanned about 24 times using various settings. Non-exhaustive, yet highly exhausting.
finally realised what WORKFLOW means.
std stuff encountered:
- streaking, yet to determine if it's 16 bits buggy. always in the same latitude, always purple.
- one small fingertip for man, one big light-bending splotch for Filmkind
- yeah STOP DOWN, STOP DOWN, STOP DOWN! suddenly my "ok lah" vivitar 19-35mm has CA in the windows, no real sharpness in the image anywhere... LOL, can only say WTF. Will be trying my other lens' shots soon. Watch out for Fuzzy the Falcon and Variance the Vulture portraits.
- speed is not really the issue, it's the response time of the scanner+interface. Never TWAIN in PS, waste time. Scan all in one shot THEN PS one by one, cos Adobe sells more RAM than Microsoft.
- reala good, anything 400 bad. you wanna continuous tone and exposure latitude, go reala. 100% and still no grain.
- if ppl are letting go of the Dual II, grab. the tonality (graduations) from reala is real A.
- ICE not impt. erm well erm... I used the polaroid de-spotter s/w I mentioned somewhere else. not bad it actually killed like 80-90% of the small noise. streaks and wormy scratches are my leftover probs currently. use Lay-on-Hands +4. oops I mean Healing Brush .
once I get comfy I'll post some links, if no protests.
need help: how to correct fluorescent again? the prints were ok, but it's really irritating if I have it on digital and uncorrected.