Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: What kind of battery for MW Intelligent Charger (MW4798N)

  1. #1
    steven
    Guests

    Question What kind of battery for MW Intelligent Charger (MW4798N)

    I am new in this.

    Two month ago, I have buy the MW Intelligent Charger (MW4798N).

    Can i use PowerEX battery? GP ? Can i use any brand of NiMH Battery ?

    How is this charger different from Maha Charger Kit MHC204F & MHC401FS or the rest of the intelligent charger?

    Please advise.

    Thank you.

    Steven
    Last edited by steven; 6th December 2002 at 10:09 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: What kind of battery for MW Intelligent Charger (MW4798N)

    You can use any brand of NiMh battery, and possibly any capacity too since its not "timer-based".

    ..NuTs..

    Originally posted by steven
    I am new in this.

    Two month ago, I have buy the MW Intelligent Charger (MW4798N).

    Can i use PowerEX battery? GP ? Can i use any brand of NiMH Battery ?

    How is this charger different from Maha Charger Kit MHC204F & MHC401FS or the rest of the intelligent charger?

    Please advise.

    Thank you.

    Steven

  3. #3
    Advertiser
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    65 Ubi Crescent S(408559)
    Posts
    932

    Default

    Is this the $18 charger from Mustafa? It's a pretty old model, slow, charges only 2 cells at one time, bulky and no worldwide voltage. The 2 Maha chargers are the latest models from Maha and have been reviewed by many sources and considered as the best chargers money can buy.

    MHC204F ($65)
    - 3-hour Intelligent Charger for 2 or 4 AA/AAA NiMH/NiCD batteries
    - Conditioner to fully discharge batteries to reduce memory effect
    - Includes 4 PowerEX AA 1800mAh 1.2V NiMH Batteries with case
    - 230V AC Adaptor (Singapore)
    - 12V DC Car Adaptor
    Reviews:
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/C204/C204A.HTM
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/maha_c204f.html

    MHC401FS ($79)
    - 100-min Cool Charger for 1 to 4 AA/AAA NiMH/NiCD batteries
    - Unique FLEX negative pulse charging eliminates memory effect
    - Includes 4 PowerEX AA 1800mAh 1.2V NiMH Batteries with case
    - Universal Adaptor
    - 12V DC Car Adaptor
    Reviews:
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/C401FS/C401A.HTM

    To order, sms to 96226876 with name and order.
    Or email maha@eastgear.com

  4. #4

    Default Re: What kind of battery for MW Intelligent Charger (MW4798N)

    Originally posted by steven
    I am new in this.
    Two month ago, I have buy the MW Intelligent Charger (MW4798N).
    Steven
    Do you mind sharing with us where you got it from? I went Mustafa 2 months ago and didn't find it

  5. #5
    steven
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by EastGear
    Is this the $18 charger from Mustafa? It's a pretty old model, slow, charges only 2 cells at one time, bulky and no worldwide voltage. The 2 Maha chargers are the latest models from Maha and have been reviewed by many sources and considered as the best chargers money can buy.

    MHC204F ($65)
    - 3-hour Intelligent Charger for 2 or 4 AA/AAA NiMH/NiCD batteries
    - Conditioner to fully discharge batteries to reduce memory effect
    - Includes 4 PowerEX AA 1800mAh 1.2V NiMH Batteries with case
    - 230V AC Adaptor (Singapore)
    - 12V DC Car Adaptor
    Reviews:
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/C204/C204A.HTM
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/maha_c204f.html

    MHC401FS ($79)
    - 100-min Cool Charger for 1 to 4 AA/AAA NiMH/NiCD batteries
    - Unique FLEX negative pulse charging eliminates memory effect
    - Includes 4 PowerEX AA 1800mAh 1.2V NiMH Batteries with case
    - Universal Adaptor
    - 12V DC Car Adaptor
    Reviews:
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/C401FS/C401A.HTM

    To order, sms to 96226876 with name and order.
    Or email maha@eastgear.com
    This is the MW4798N, which can charge 4 AA/AAA in 2 1/2 hrs.

    this is not MW4798. i have order it from the website.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Originally posted by EastGear
    Is this the $18 charger from Mustafa? It's a pretty old model, slow, charges only 2 cells at one time, bulky and no worldwide voltage. The 2 Maha chargers are the latest models from Maha and have been reviewed by many sources and considered as the best chargers money can buy.

    MHC204F ($65)
    - 3-hour Intelligent Charger for 2 or 4 AA/AAA NiMH/NiCD batteries
    - Conditioner to fully discharge batteries to reduce memory effect
    - Includes 4 PowerEX AA 1800mAh 1.2V NiMH Batteries with case
    - 230V AC Adaptor (Singapore)
    - 12V DC Car Adaptor
    Specs wise, the 4798N is better than this charger.... probably cost quite a bit less too. It also comes with conditioner and the proper adaptors.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    leepublic of singapore
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    Originally posted by mpenza


    Specs wise, the 4798N is better than this charger.... probably cost quite a bit less too. It also comes with conditioner and the proper adaptors.
    yah...definitely cheaper....im using MW5798...same features but can charge larger batts...ive used sanyo, gp and mitsubishi batts. 1600-2100mAh. so far it has never failed me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •