View Poll Results: Would you let your friend advertise/negotiate/sell your photographic equipment for u?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I've done it. Left it all to my friend, I trust him.

7 20.59%
  • No way. You gotta be kidding. Its $1000!

13 38.24%
  • Yes, but seriously who wld go thru all that trouble for me?

14 41.18%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sellers Suffering From identity crisis?

Default Re: Sellers Suffering From identity crisis?

If you end up buying a 'Lemon' can always disclaim ownership, 'I don't know? its not mine, Tai Chi thing'.

Hi all,

I am selling a Nikon F90X for my friend. Thats geniune. I provided my friend's hp and email as reference too. I also meet up with the seller/buyers with my friends.

This is what I do whenever I am selling on behalf of my friends.

Regards

There are sometimes legit cases of people selling or wanting to buy things on behalf of friends who are net illiterate or too busy to take care of business themselves. I have dealt with genuine people like these before.

My friend also say so.

Sometimes these sellers are their own best friends ....
    So it is ok to trust themselves with the buying and selling of thousand dollar equipment.
    But it is not ok to look for them when you buy a 'lemon' because that belongs to their "friend".

RGDs

best solution.. dun buy second hand, and dun sell second hand. keep everything to fill the cabinets.

What's the deal? I have helped my friend sell his equipment on CS. He is a Malaysian and is illiterate in the English language so I helped him post on CS.

actually what I find very amusing is that I see sellers putting remarks like

"will deal only where and where"
    "only non-fussy buyer need to ask"
    " do not ask me this or that"

I mean is this a reflection of local seller's attitude,? I know this is a second hand stuff market but does it mean that service level should go below sea level.?

or do they feel that the buyers owe them one and they are doing mankind a favour by selling their second hand stuff here.

No offence to anybody....just a general observation

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonnew
    actually what I find very amusing is that I see sellers putting remarks like

"will deal only where and where"
    "only non-fussy buyer need to ask"
    " do not ask me this or that"

I mean is this a reflection of local seller's attitude,? I know this is a second hand stuff market but does it mean that service level should go below sea level.?

or do they feel that the buyers owe them one and they are doing mankind a favour by selling their second hand stuff here.

No offence to anybody....just a general observation
    Well, let's just face it. It's the same everywhere. I know it for a fact coz I've witnessed it in a few forums. This especially worse when the seller is somewhat reputed (like for example, a moderator)

You either choose to live with it or ignore these fellas. In the end, it's those fellas who get a reputation abt it....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08
    Well, let's just face it. It's the same everywhere. I know it for a fact coz I've witnessed it in a few forums. This especially worse when the seller is somewhat reputed (like for example, a moderator)

You either choose to live with it or ignore these fellas. In the end, it's those fellas who get a reputation abt it....

you are right, and I do not totally ignore them. I read their "demand' and quietly wish them luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12