Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lousy Taxi service - CITYCAB

Default Re: Lousy Taxi service - CITYCAB

OT abit
    i dont think anyform of feedback to any of the operators helps. recently the show "get real" did a show on taxi due to alot of feedback. issues on very bad services, bad driver and on missing taxi 1/2hr before the 1.5x charge.

the feedback they get from the drivers themselve are,

1) its no use, even if driver A from company C was ask to leave the company due to complains, other companies will gladly that him in. reason they say is simple, there is just to many operators with lots of cars not rented out, and they cant afford to run a taxi company with car sitting around not making money.

2) they had found the whereabout of the missing taxis that goes into stealth mode 1/2hr before the 1.5x charge kicks in, all was caught in films
    a) park along road side with driver sitting in the car,
    b) circling a building round and round,
    feedback from the company were those standard which you as a customer will get.

if a tv show cant even get them to change (note this is not the 1st time this problem had been aired), what can you do?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    OT abit
    i dont think anyform of feedback to any of the operators helps. recently the show "get real" did a show on taxi due to alot of feedback. issues on very bad services, bad driver and on missing taxi 1/2hr before the 1.5x charge.

1) its no use, even if driver A from company C was ask to leave the company due to complains, other companies will gladly that him in. reason they say is simple, there is just to many operators with lots of cars not rented out, and they cant afford to run a taxi company with car sitting around not making money.

2) they had found the whereabout of the missing taxis that goes into stealth mode 1/2hr before the 1.5x charge kicks in, all was caught in films

if a tv show cant even get them to change (note this is not the 1st time this problem had been aired), what can you do?

Having read so much about bad taxi service I think it is time we leave them alone. After all they are also human who have their needs just like we do. We must always remember that taxi drivers are deprived of their off-days, annual bonus and increments, sick leave, holidays etc,etc....... so please leave them alone

vince123123
    Guests

Well, if its serious enough, LTA will suspend their taxi driver's license - how many taxi cab companies want them also no use.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    OT abit

Quote Originally Posted by Adam CP Ang
    Having read so much about bad taxi service I think it is time we leave them alone. After all they are also human who have their needs just like we do. We must always remember that taxi drivers are deprived of their off-days, annual bonus and increments, sick leave, holidays etc,etc....... so please leave them alone
    Actually, I beg to differ with your opinions, Adam. By taking up this job as a cab driver (whether it is 'voluntary' or not), one is expected to deliver the service that is expected/defined by the cab company.

Being deprived of their off-days, annual bonus and increments, sick leave, holidays etc,etc does not give them the right to be rude, reckless, etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam CP Ang
    I disagree with you. Being a cab driver, you still need to provide a service. It is the professional attitude that count. After all they are their own boss in a certain way. Therefore, there is no excuse to be rude. After all this is the service industry.

Always ask for a receipt. It contain all the details the passenger need to complain even after 2 or 3 days.

Complain to LTA, very effective. They can even revoke the taxi driver licence. Complain to taxi company is useless.

I complained to LTA about a UNION driver, reckless driving, act blur and purposely go the long way even after I insructed to take the route that is shorter.

LTA said I need to be present at LTA with the driver, for him to defend himself. I was busy and missed the appointment. LTA said the matter would be referred to the company instead. 2 months passed and yet no news.

I still can lodge a letter to LTA about the company and the driver if I want. But I think the call from LTA and being invited to drink "kopi" by LTA should tone the driver down.

Live and Let Live.

Some try means to "earn" that extra $0.50 to a dollar by being innocently blur, confidently wrong, chatty till miss a turn....etc. If all genuine then all right. If not.... I really believe in Karma.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123