Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lousy Taxi service - CITYCAB

Default Re: Lousy Taxi service - CITYCAB

I agree with jimtong ... if the taxi driver is driving to recklessly, I gently tell him I have a wife and 2 daughters waiting for me at home, but I'm in no hurry to get back five minutes earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by jhansolo
    This is the case before they merge, Citycab and comfort are the same now.

http://www.comfort-transportation.co...s_charges.html

http://www.citycab.com.sg/travelwus/charges.htm#meter

cheers
    but after they merge, the fare charges sticker on the window is still showing the charges i mentioned earlier......maybe they havent change the sticker?

Previously Citycab started off the meter charges at every 25 seconds while the rest charge at every 30 seconds.

Now the rest follows suit and charge for every 25 Seconds. But still citycab costs more, not sure the reason behind it.

I prefer SMRT or Comfort. SMRT cabbies are quite chatty have to say

Wow! Now they are revising the retirement age to beyond 70. Gonna be scary. I've been on many cabs with uncle drivers who looks like they can hardly hold the steering wheel properly liao. Gosh ...

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/060406/5/singapore201872.html

Last night just took a Comfort Taxi home after a late night shoot.... That taxi driver confirm a new part-timer... He insist to take the expressway, which will be one big round where using a normal road will reach my place short and fast.... So he missed the first turn, and looked like he insist to use the Highway, so I guild him to another route instead of the highway. By that time he keep telling me, no different, no different.

When he had no choice, he say highway fast mah, normal road cannot drive fast. Next he demo to me what is slow... he go at 30km/h then next he show me what is "fast"... damn him, his fast is damn rackless....

During the talk with him, he revealled that he had met two accidents... His "fast" style is no wonder for the accidents...

Quote Originally Posted by clarinet
    Last night just took a Comfort Taxi home after a late night shoot.... That taxi driver confirm a new part-timer... He insist to take the expressway, which will be one big round where using a normal road will reach my place short and fast.... So he missed the first turn, and looked like he insist to use the Highway, so I guild him to another route instead of the highway. By that time he keep telling me, no different, no different.

When he had no choice, he say highway fast mah, normal road cannot drive fast. Next he demo to me what is slow... he go at 30km/h then next he show me what is "fast"... damn him, his fast is damn rackless....

During the talk with him, he revealled that he had met two accidents... His "fast" style is no wonder for the accidents...
    I think this cabbie gives you a good enough reason to complaint (not compliment) against him if you want.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b
    I think this cabbie gives you a good enough reason to complaint (not compliment) against him if you want.
    Din got his number... on reaching... want to fast fast get off his cab... one second in there is one sec danger

Quote Originally Posted by clarinet

Wa.......i think he interested in you lor....hahahhhaha

Ah well, I guess overall the transport network in Singapore still faces lots of problem here and there. Haven't met with big problems while taking cabs.

But what you guys think about bus services? They are always off timing, and each time you complain, either they don't reply or give a simple stupid reason as, there is a traffic jam somewhere and some place. You could imagine having a trunk service bus (which should be 15 mins apart) sticking to each other or even those feeder service with 3 same bus stopping at the same stop. They need new watches rather than some GPS system.

They need much improvements, and seems that all these company simply 'bochap' feedbacks. Afterall, no competition over service standards mah...

Haha..
    Funny.
    I take at least 2 cab trips every day, but so far so good.

The funniest was I booked a Transcab (other companies no one wanna come my location). Told me 10 to 13 mins, then immediately 1 transcab, not the 1 I booked showed up. Tell me cancel my booking, save 10 mins. They're still using the walkie talkie method to communicate.

vince123123
    Guests

I won't bother trying the cab company - I corresponded with them for over 1.5 years over their bad taxi driver.

If you're a passenger, go ahead and write to LTA - it would be within their jurisdiction.

The funny thing is LTA only entertains if you're a passenger. If you're another driver, LTA won't entertain.

i also got few time !! but i forget that taxi colour n number... i wonder only foreign got treat like bad... .losal ppls also kenal...
    but few time i also got met some taxi drivers are nice... just think luck lor...

dear all,

i was ALMOST involve in an accident with a CITY TAXI jus now..

althru not all CITY TAXI are so bad but there are always a handful living around..
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

there are a number of cabs that is flying on the roads and jamming sudden brakes.

The only good thing about taxi in Singapore is it's cheap. However, if you look at the per km charges, Singapore is actually more expensive than KL, Bangkok and Hong Kong.

But then Singapore cabbies are the worse lot in the world, too long to list, but my 3 favorites are ... Every day I go to work, I tell the cabbie to let me off after the traffic light in front of the white building on the left, way to many of them will try to make a left turn at the traffic light ... The second one is every day, I will tell the cabbie to "turn left right here" at my condo, and all too often, they try to turn right. Then there are thes uncles, who insisted to not change geers, revving up the engine yet going not so fast and with the other feet, not on clutch but permanently attached to the brake ...
    Last edited by Deadpoet; 9th April 2006 at 03:20 PM.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Classic dangerous behavious of taxi

Obstructing traffic with its tail....
    Last edited by clarinet; 9th April 2006 at 06:28 PM.

after so many replies, i guess i know what i should n should not take

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    The only good thing about taxi in Singapore is it's cheap. However, if you look at the per km charges, Singapore is actually more expensive than KL, Bangkok and Hong Kong.

But then Singapore cabbies are the worse lot in the world, too long to list, but my 3 favorites are ... Every day I go to work, I tell the cabbie to let me off after the traffic light in front of the white building on the left, way to many of them will try to make a left turn at the traffic light ... The second one is every day, I will tell the cabbie to "turn left right here" at my condo, and all too often, they try to turn right. Then there are thes uncles, who insisted to not change geers, revving up the engine yet going not so fast and with the other feet, not on clutch but permanently attached to the brake ...
    that uncle is a fan of "initial d" lar, you should be glad he didnt start drifting at every turn.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast