Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I really that LUCKY?

Default Re: Am I really that LUCKY?

I have been there. Confirmed it's a travel time share scam. The boss is a caucasian, IIRC, he's blond and is a Swede.

They are quite desperate!

First, the offer was $10K by installments. As I was not working and studying at that time, they gradually lower the installments until $90/mth; the lowest....

Can't remember what is the reason I gave them to get away. Finally at the end of the session as promised, I was given a voucher for free accommodation to some out of the way travel resort e.g. micronesia.

The trick was that you have to fax in apply months in advance and the admin office was in bangkok with no telephone #.

It's a matter of how to say 'NO'.

Good Luck!

Try checking the link below:

http://www.petitiononline.com/hcspore3/petition.html

Yeah. Pop over there and YOU have to GIVE THEM... $10,900 in return....
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

gimmick. so wats new?

COn job. Been there, done that. Don't waste your time. They want your money. They will ask you to bring your spouse. Then they work their way to see who is the weakest between the two of you. Once they established that they will work their way to make you sign.

Nowadays there's no such thing as a free lunch. Don't let greed cloud your reasoning.

I sat through 4 hours of this time-sharing thingy and I'm amazed how much training the salespeople go through. Their line of reasoning, on the surface, seems flawless.

I'm just waiting for them to call me leh .... then i'll have the chance to show them my precious ......

.................... middle finger

It's a CON job and a OLD one at that.....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

last time someone called and said i won 1,000 rolls of konica film.. forgot to ask what speed it is..

This morning he called "to remind" me of the appointment. Told him that I was totally not keen in free gifts but he was very persistant and insisted that I do not have to do anything to collect the gift. After few mins of the full details, he said that I just have to sit thru a short presentation of the sponsoring companies' products, and that will not be more than 80 minutes!
    Haha .... moral of the story ..... don't accept any offers of free gifts no matter how convincing and sincere the callers appeared....
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    This morning he called "to remind" me of the appointment. Told him that I was totally not keen in free gifts but he was very persistant and insisted that I do not have to do anything to collect the gift. After few mins of the full details, he said that I just have to sit thru a short presentation of the sponsoring companies' products, and that will not be more than 80 minutes!
    Haha .... moral of the story ..... don't accept any offers of free gifts no matter how convincing and sincere the callers appeared....
    Each time I get such calls, I will ask the STANDARD question which will throw them off and they will know that I have recieved such calls before, "What's the catch?? If there is any talks or presentation, FORGET IT!!!" then hang up immediately...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08
    Each time I get such calls, I will ask the STANDARD question which will throw them off and they will know that I have recieved such calls before, "What's the catch?? If there is any talks or presentation, FORGET IT!!!" then hang up immediately...
    Good one there! I shall use this next time

I received not only calls, but letters as well... stating i won top prize somemore... although i nvr been to their so call talks and presentation, i strongly believe that its a scam... they simply keeps bugging me for an appt time and just need to sit in for some hour plus and the gift is mine...

somemore there is a minimum age of 30 and must be married... both condition i do not fulfil... can we report such calls to our law enforcer to take up the case?

confirm its a scam, or at least stg u end up paying more.
    i get it all the time, all kinds of different reasons for me to win prizes.
    Likely some mlm thing...
    RentCamera@SG 82237153
    http://www.rentcamera.com.sg

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman
    I received not only calls, but letters as well... stating i won top prize somemore... although i nvr been to their so call talks and presentation, i strongly believe that its a scam... they simply keeps bugging me for an appt time and just need to sit in for some hour plus and the gift is mine...

somemore there is a minimum age of 30 and must be married... both condition i do not fulfil... can we report such calls to our law enforcer to take up the case?
    Quite difficult to prosecute but I guess some letters to the right area may help in getting them busted, i.e. THE NEW PAPER... hahahah
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Hey! Check out this post!

Confession of a Timeshare Salesman
    http://www.littlespeck.com/informed/...med-040808.htm

Faber House, heh? Scam.

Just received a call from so called CTS travel. Asked if I've received a letter last year inviting me to claim 2 prizes . I replied probably yes, but must have discarded (yes such letter straight away go into the thrash can).

Then they invited me and wife to attend a travel presentation (as expected), but combined income must be >=$4000. I replied ours is below that, so how?

Then they said I'm not eligible to claim any prize already, said one day if our combined income exceeds that, then call them back.

What the ....

why not.. when i first recieve a call.. it said we are from ministry of sound.. we would like to inform you that you have amongst the top 20 to win motorola E1 ROKR.

i thought it was a scam also.. then I say. i dont have time to pick it up, can i get my courier to do so, they said ok..

then i personally go collect myself loh. ^_^

sometimes really that lucky..

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo
    Sounds like a potential time-share like scam to me but if you've got the time, I suppose why not. If it really turns out to be a scam, just walk out lor.

I kinda agree. No harm dropping by to see. Anyway, Faber House is in Somerset, just across the road from Heeren. If it really is a scam, like what Hobbesyeo said, just walk out. No harm, in my own view. You're in town, and nothing can really happen, I guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12