Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I really that LUCKY?

Default Am I really that LUCKY?

Just received a call from the Organiser's office from last year Motorshow. Surprised that he knows all my particulars including I/C, mobile ,etc... and said that I won a lucky prize and that I need to go down to their office in 6th Floor, Faber House to claim any of the following prizes (that it will be a surprise prize and can be any one of these):
    1. $7,000 Furniture voucher
    2. $3,000 NEC notebook com,
    3. $700 travel voucher/spa
    4. $200 MP3 player

Being a person who never believe in free things or lucky draw, I don't think i am going down to collect the prize. Anyone here received the same call?
    Is this a scam? or am i really so lucky for once?
    always the Light, .... always.

Default Re: Am I really that LUCKY?

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    Just received a call from the Organiser's office from last year Motorshow. Surprised that he knows all my particulars including I/C, mobile ,etc... and said that I won a lucky prize and that I need to go down to their office in 6th Floor, Faber House to claim any of the following prizes (that it will be a surprise prize and can be any one of these):
    4. $200 MP3 player

Being a person who never believe in free things or lucky draw, I don't think i am going down to collect the prize. Anyone here received the same call?
    hmm if so... i dun see the harm... at least it din harm me...

sekali there is a even better surprise gift... NOTHING...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Sounds like a potential time-share like scam to me but if you've got the time, I suppose why not. If it really turns out to be a scam, just walk out lor.

i remember there's a thread on this kinda things. like calling you to tell you what you've won and everything. but i heard one of our fellow CS-er went down and got some very bad experience or something. you could always go down and have a look. no harm. =)
    I Love You :)

I think they will put Terms and conditions applies ... Best phrase out there ... Most slightly they require you to purchase something in order to qualify.

Just my 2 cents worth

sounds like can't lose no matter which "prize" you win right. but watch out lah. sometimes these "vouchers" are nothing more than so-called discount vouchers, i.e. still have to pay money before you buy the item. and the sticker price is so expensive that after the "discount", you just get a normal, or even quite expensive price.
    Black lens, white Lens, can take picture is a Good lens

sounds familiar, chance of a lifetime draw or some sheet ?

this lady call my mobile saying i won bla bla bla, choice of few gifts, on a SUNDAY !

Yee .. I received the same call before chinese new year but I keep postphone to collect the free gift until now they never call me ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

calls on behalf of A**-A*** Bank are equally annoying as well once i receive 3 calls in 2 weeks, all from the same bank, irritating

Is there any terms and conditions attached? I've received a similar offer, but in the form of a letter before but as part of the terms and conditions, I have to bring a spouse to attend a 1-2 hrs talk/seminar on dunno what products b4 I can be entitled to get any of the prizes...

I'm single.... so that ruled me out of it... but anyway, sit thru a sales talk... nah... where got time...

4. $200 MP3 player

Jia Wang... "A photo is only as beautiful as the photographer's eyes can see."
    My Eyes ;)

aiyah nothing new la..

READ THIS:

This is a hundred times worse than the Timeshare scam!
    http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1263070

4. $200 MP3 player

Don't waste your time. They called me many moons back. Confirm Time-sharing program.

yes it is..or else pigs can fly

haha prize looks like nothing you could lose but than again you will only win the prize no. 3 where the voucher can only be utilised upon signing up.

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    calls on behalf of A**-A*** Bank are equally annoying as well once i receive 3 calls in 2 weeks, all from the same bank, irritating
    I got that from other banks as well. I just told them that this was the 3rd/4th time they called me about the same thing and they stopped. Works every time.

I also tio this type of call b4. On a Sunday as well. Best part is i ask what lucky draw ('cos i normally can't be bothered with them) then she keep telling me it's some nation wide lucky draw but quite a while ago so maybe i forget liao. ... Can't even come up with some fake name. These scammers need more training.

Aiyoh...don't over paranoid...since you said it's from Organizer office...it can be real thing.....no harm going down to look see.....but strickly no upfront purchase or sort if it's a genuine lucky draw......if you scared being corn......bring along few friends to back you up.......best is from CS.....F them and bang table if it's a real scam....take a few photos of the people and place and post it here.....we will help you to advertise

As said in another thread, Orien*** Trav** is a scam timeshare company. If you want a reputable timeshare company, PM me.
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

Encountered some calls like these before and I told them to mail it to me. I'll pay for postage. Hehe. They said no, and I told the lady she can keep them instead. She went 'ah? ok' .... Hung up ....

Maybe you can arrange an outing, bring along 20 CSers. If it's true, the prizes are enough to at least buy them dinner/beer ... if not, the 20 can have a good time shooting in whatever crap talk they make u sit in to piss the organizer off. :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast